The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you buy more slots for small & medium homes?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So ZOS has told us that 700 slots is limit decided on to ensure that performance does not deteriorate and there have been some excellent threads explaining the technical reasons for this.
So, accepting that 700 is the limit for now, would you be willing to pay for extra slots on the small and medium homes that currently have less than 700 slots?
I personally love Boulder Tree Refuge, for example, and would happily pay more crowns for another 100 or 200 slots. Sure, there would be a debate over whether or not your extra bought slots get doubled if you have ESO+ but fundamentally, would you like to see the option to increase the slots for small & medium homes?
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.

Would you buy more slots for small & medium homes? 51 votes

Yes
54%
GilvothVehlirMixDarkhorse1975NoisividAhzekApheriusLadyNalcaryaKonstant_Tel_NecrisZypheranMrGravesKikkeLindseyEnemorianaSturmfaengerErtosiEnokarielNoTimeToWaitAnel1185Watchdog 28 votes
No
27%
DaveMoeDeeixieSengraAsh_In_My_SujammazykDBZVelenaCarbonisedSartingMarcoPolo184WildRaptorXStarlight_KnightBretonMageEmathidesMinserette 14 votes
Maybe - depends on...
17%
Catsmoke14StreegaJayne_DoeGarishKulvarTigerseyeAlinhbo_TyakaSylvermynxthedovahmon 9 votes
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Definitely.

The whole 700 is the limit is a bit of a difficult pill to swallow, but if we could at least apply that limit to all of our houses? That'd def be a win for me.

I agree increments of 100 would be nice. Would make a world's difference for places like the St. Delyn Penthouse & quite a few others.

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe - depends on...
    I might buy more item space. It would depend a lot on the cost for the dwelling I wished to upgrade. I would be more likely to do something like this if it was tiered in something like 25, 50, 100 item increments. It would also need to take ESO+ into account somehow such as more items or lower price.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe - depends on...
    I would only buy them if they were purchasable with gold. Not spending crowns on a house I purchased with gold. Even if I purchased a home with crowns, I wouldn't spend yet more crowns to get more slots.

Since the inn rooms are free, or purchased with a nominal amount of gold, it would be great if we could purchase additional slots for those with gold, to get them to at least the same item count as the apartments.

ETA: I do think that ESO+ should be taken into account, since I'm sure ZOS wouldn't want this to bypass the ESO+ perk. And, it would have to be in increments of 50, as non-ESO+ members could only get to 350 max on a home (doubled to 700 for ESO+ members).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 25, 2019 8:18PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yes, let's pay even more money on top of the HUGE amount of money we already paid for a digital house. I mean, they don't balk to charge hundreds of dollars for these houses. Literally hundreds of dollars for a digital house you can do absolutely nothing in. And then we're supposed to pay even MORE money on top of that simply to make it somewhat decorate and not half empty? Oh no. No way.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would buy more slots for a large house too if it was an option. 700 Items is astoundingly small limit for the size of some of the houses available. Sure, I can try to manage my item count, but micromanaging on that level really sucks and ruins a lot of the fun that can be had by customizing your own house.

It seems to me that they could test this option to allow people to buy higher item limits for smaller homes with crowns, and if the demand is there, they could use the generated revenue and put it towards server upgrades, more bandwidth, or whatever they need in order to solve the issues having a higher item count may cause.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would also buy slots for large houses that have currently 300(600) slots to increase the limit up to 350(700)
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no - i think they need to evaluate the current limits and lift them for all homes.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I get 600 max in my home and it's just not enough, I wish I could have at least 100 more...but even more than that would be great.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Emathides wrote: »
    I voted no - i think they need to evaluate the current limits and lift them for all homes.

Not as long as ESO is allowed to be played on the current generation of consoles. It is a technical limitation.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the work-around would be to offer 50 additional slots in the Crown Store, up to a maximum of 200 additional slots.
    But each 50 comes with a warning that you are basically playing with fire, and you need to accept that adding more items to your house may likely cause a considerable drop in performance.
    Leave it up to the customer to decide if they are willing to take that risk.
    Those with powerful systems would probably manage just fine, but those with older / less powerful computers might struggle.
    As Watchdog mentioned above - this wouldn't be possible on consoles and they would just have to suck that up, it comes with the territory of playing on a console.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Yes, let's pay even more money on top of the HUGE amount of money we already paid for a digital house. I mean, they don't balk to charge hundreds of dollars for these houses. Literally hundreds of dollars for a digital house you can do absolutely nothing in. And then we're supposed to pay even MORE money on top of that simply to make it somewhat decorate and not half empty? Oh no. No way.
    Yup.

ZOS can be so care-free about ignoring bugs, controversial changes and continuously offering more expensive items for sale because they have the easiest audience in the world. They are eager to throw money at them for nothing substantial as shown in this thread.

This is also the reason why they sell per-character outfit slots to players already paying a monthly sub. This community is, collectively, Philip J. Fry.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would gladly drop a signicicant sum of cash to i crease the item limit of all my houses
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Watchdog wrote: »

Not as long as ESO is allowed to be played on the current generation of consoles. It is a technical limitation.

Were all aware that this is a complete copout since dividing the limit amoung cells would bypass this entirely, right? Cool. Just checking
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    zyk wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Yup.

ZOS can be so care-free about ignoring bugs, controversial changes and continuously offering more expensive items for sale because they have the easiest audience in the world. They are eager to throw money at them for nothing substantial as shown in this thread.

This is also the reason why they sell per-character outfit slots to players already paying a monthly sub. This community is, collectively, Philip J. Fry.

Possibly if EVERYONE made the decision to not buy anything until they fixed things, then we would see a quicker response to address issues but realistically that will not happen. Housing in particular is priced in such a away that it only takes a small percentage of the community to buy the $100 manors for ZOS to make a lot of money. So as a pragmatist I have long ago accepted that there is no point sulking for the just and fair world I want and just accept things as they are. Hence why I think it is far more likely that ZOS will add a feature to the game if we can demonstrate that there is a monetizable reason for doing so. I don't disagree with you, I just think that its pointless to be annoyed with the tide!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i hate the huge homes

zenimax, please make a 1 room underground hidden entrance home for me and my wife that has a hidden entrance and just 1 room underground.

been asking for this for many years, please make it.
    needed for our rogue style thief type brotherhood assassin type.
    please make it for us.

we pay money for it.

Edited by Gilvoth on March 30, 2019 4:29PM
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    No

My opinion is that there should be different item limits for PC and console, rather than holding back housing potential on PC because of console limitations.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

My opinion is that there should be different item limits for PC and console, rather than holding back housing potential on PC because of console limitations.

Problem is, ZOS wants the PC version to have the same features as the console version. Bar the ability to use addons.
    Edited by Watchdog on March 30, 2019 9:47PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe - depends on...
    I'd have to see how many crowns they were going to be first.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Of course I would.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No