The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pre 50 VS 50 battlegrounds and what can be done to make 50 battlegrounds better

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Battlegrounds below 50 can be fun. Battlegrounds at 50 is -never- fun. its a constant die and respawn fest. lets do SOMETHING to fix that and make it fun.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Cyhawk
    Cyhawk
    ✭✭✭
    • Disabled WWs - Sub50 BGs people dont have the required skills to deal with them. Its either a lack of actual class skills to deal with them or personal skill to know how to kill a WW.
    • Disable Gold equipment - It only enables super tryhards that remake characters for Sub50. A subtle nod to tell them to *** off.
    • Disable grouping - Again to get rid of the super sub50 tryhards that are a cancer on the queues. Let the newbies learn in peace.
    • Disable Domination/Crazy King - I actually recommend getting rid of them completely but its even worse in Sub50. No one knows what the objectives are and they dont generally care to learn.

Most issues solved, newbies can PvP in peace a bit more.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyhawk wrote: »
    • Disabled WWs - Sub50 BGs people dont have the required skills to deal with them. Its either a lack of actual class skills to deal with them or personal skill to know how to kill a WW.
    • Disable Gold equipment - It only enables super tryhards that remake characters for Sub50. A subtle nod to tell them to *** off.
    • Disable grouping - Again to get rid of the super sub50 tryhards that are a cancer on the queues. Let the newbies learn in peace.
    • Disable Domination/Crazy King - I actually recommend getting rid of them completely but its even worse in Sub50. No one knows what the objectives are and they dont generally care to learn.

Most issues solved, newbies can PvP in peace a bit more.

I'm using purple equipment, unless the difference is truly huge between purple and gold, its not the issue. I know what the objectives are and what I'm doing but I'm 1-2 shotted by everyone in 50 BG, meanwhile in sub 50 its actually possible to do well.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with the >50 BGs is that people live too long and are hard to kill. The high MMR deathmatches almost always time out before a team reaches the score limit.

I suggest you focus on jmproving your equipment/gear and on developing your skill set.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the >50 BGs is that people live too long and are hard to kill. The high MMR deathmatches almost always time out before a team reaches the score limit.

True. Problem is.. when people use skills/sets that kill people fast, the nerf demands start, until nothing kills anyone again (especially on premades with a healer).

At high MMR personally like lately most the Domination and Crazy King.. tactical play wins, can take wins even as the underdog (3vs4vs4 situations and so on) if the other two teams go deathmatching on each others and see the rise from last spot to 1st.

Under lvl 50 seems to currently be full of tryhard ww teams doing seal clubbing.. i like doing new character leveling through battlegrounds since it gives nice exp and is a fun way to get ready to max lvl cyro & bgs, currently it is not, unless go in mentally prepared to face teams of 4 x WW who all transform same time at the start.

What makes it pain is the fact that then see your random teammates either saying they gonna afk in base instead of getting farmed by ww teams or seeing them just leave, many rather take the penalty than stay. So ending up going solo against 4 x ww.. is not so much fun when it happens repeatedly.