Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning player and Morrowind situation.

Epic Bread Woman
Epic Bread Woman
Soul Shriven
Hi

I've been playing ESO back in 2014 since its second to last Beta, till mid 2015. I decided lately to come back and give this game another shot. I got my GF another copy of Standard Edition that included Morrowind. I myself own a digital imperial edition of the game. I couldn't find anywhere option to purchase Morrowind, and I couldn't buy the 7,50 pounds normal edition with Morrowind included as " I didn't qualify for this product". So I logged in and to my surprise I had Morrowind unlocked. I wasn't aware at that time of the free weekend event going on that unlocked it for me. But I just find out that it is temporary and the chapter will soon be unavailable for me. I looked everywhere to get Morrowind chapter, but the only option for me seems to be either buying it from the crown shop (which would cost me more then 3 times of what I had to pay for my girlfriend digital copy), or making another account and starting from the ground.

So my question is as follow, why I cannot upgrade my account to Morrowind for the same price I paid for a core game plus the chapter? Am I dumb and it is somewhere, or crown option is the only way to get it for the person who already spend hundreds of pounds on your game? Thank you in advance for your answer.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you login in here: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com and go to the store part you'll see two types of possible games to buy.

What you're looking for are the digital upgrades. who are currently on sale even.
    the other ones are full game codes. you dont need those.

do note the digital upgrade of morrowind does not include the warden, thats been moved to crownstore.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Epic Bread Woman
    Epic Bread Woman
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you mate for your answer, but there is no digital upgrade for Morrowind chapter in the online store. That's my point and my problem with it. If they really expect me, a returning player to pay 3 times more for something newcomers get so cheap I think I don't want to come back. This is ridiculous practice towards your customer.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really...
    The chapters get folded into base game when the next chapter comes out.
    Morrowind was made DLC when Summerset was released.
    It potentially punishes returning players from before they began the chapter system, but honestly that's a fairly small demographic.
    Afaik , if you subscribe, Morrowind will be unlocked. You could also check Amazon for standard physical editions of Morrowind and use that key to upgrade your account.

Since they roll old chapters into the game, I don't see how they should be expected to leave digital purchases of that chapter available indefinitely.

If you're digging the game, then it may be worth subscribing, even for just a month to try it out. Or if you know you and your partner will play a lot, then maybe invest in the Elsweyr digital upgrade which will unlock Morrowind and Summerset permanently, subscription or no.

If the price is critically important to you, then you could always purchase the current base game for yourself and make a new account. If you wait till Elsweyr is released, you'd even get Summerset bundled in as well.
    I guess my point is that there's a number of options and the real question is whether your original account is worth investing in at all or not.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you own any package containing the base game on Steam, you can buy another package containing the base game here, and vice versa. Just make sure your Steam account is linked to your ESO account.

During one of the frequent sales (like the one going on now), the base game + Morrowind chapter combo costs EUR 10. I would still go for the standard Elsweyr package, not the upgrade one, mind you, though, as it contains Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com