The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Would you like a NPC spouse for your home?

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I tried different spouses in Skyrim, but they annoyed me so much I had to kill them. Saying the same sentences over and over, same animations, blocking my view, being cringe, being in the way.

I don't like any NPCs walking around in my house in mmos really, other than dogs or cats.

But I'm not against the actual feature if others enjoy it. As long as I'm able to avoid it. Guess they would have to cancel Ring of Mara though, or it's polygamy or cheating a-hole lol?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are so many other things I'd want first.

A proper companion character wouldn't just stay at home, either. The banker, merchant, and smuggler can be summoned and will follow you. You can have one non-combat pet following you, and more than that at home. You'd at least expect that level of connection. And then there would be the problem of why your spouse doesn't fight for you.

More service NPC's like guards, stablehands, etc. are a maybe. The idea of a squire to your knight isn't unreasonable, but a spouse wouldn't really work.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to put alts in my home, as neutral NPC's with boss-level health and damage.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    That costs 10k/day to maintain, randomly changes all the furniture, and periodically empties all the gold out of your bank.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Let me put 1 to 10 NPCs in my house, from a list of NPCs. So, Cook, Stable, Gardner, Guard, various crafts, Companion, etc.

Give them an idle script and a patrol path that makes sense so it does not look like a wax museum.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, very much so. I would love to have an NPC in my house.
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    only if they work like they do in skyrim!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No spouses! I don't want a nosy wife poking around and finding my secret little Nuzimeh love shack.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I’m a strong, independent female Khajiit and I don’t need a spouse at my house! I’ve got my achievements to keep me cozy at night.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have my alts in my house. They could use the emotes randomly or if placed near a crafting station, they could do the animation for using the station. Also, if we could then change characters by interacting with them, even if this prompted a load screen as you switch, that would be fine.

NPCs would be nice too, but ALTs would be better.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Xerikten wrote: »
    I cant see the point as no one but you can see them. it isn't like I can go and visit everyone's home[s) in this game.

but if others want one, then sure.

my girl friend is addiment that there is no bare foot nor apron option.

You do know, that you can visit the primary residence of any of your friends or guildies, unless they have forbidden visitors in their home, don't you?

Many of us do visit other players' houses. For instance, does your guild have a guildhall? We do, with Mundus Stones and set crafting stations.

yes I know that. but in eq2 I can visit ANYONES home ANYWHERE if they are open for visitors. I can sell out of them. have portal items, crafting stations and etc. I can even port from house to house via clicking on the door. alts have their own homes. once you do housing in eq2 you will actually see how limited housing is in mmos now days.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theryl wrote: »
    Not much interested in a spouse but guards, servants, and minions would be nice.

NPCs that did more than stand in the corner and talk to me about my bank account would be interesting.

However, having my alts idling there if I log out in my own house would also be cool.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Watchdog wrote: »
    I cant see the point as no one but you can see them. it isn't like I can go and visit everyone's home[s) in this game.

You do know, that you can visit the primary residence of any of your friends or guildies, unless they have forbidden visitors in their home, don't you?

Many of us do visit other players' houses. For instance, does your guild have a guildhall? We do, with Mundus Stones and set crafting stations.

yes I know that. but in eq2 I can visit ANYONES home ANYWHERE if they are open for visitors. I can sell out of them. have portal items, crafting stations and etc. I can even port from house to house via clicking on the door. alts have their own homes. once you do housing in eq2 you will actually see how limited housing is in mmos now days.

Yep. For me, the best housing was in Star Wars Galaxies. The world(s) was (were) huge and open, and you could drop a house almost anywhere. Anyone could drop in and visit at any time. If you were a trader, you could put a vendor in the house, and people would come to you to buy things (after searching on a bazaar terminal to find the item they wanted). Sure, the system for placing objects was a little bit onerous, but manageable.

I often wonder why developers don't borrow good ideas from other games, and adapt them to their own game.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Theryl wrote: »
    Not much interested in a spouse but guards, servants, and minions would be nice.

NPCs that did more than stand in the corner and talk to me about my bank account would be interesting.

So then you don't want a spouse...
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would be cool; but, I'd also like to share my residences with my rl husband. Share storage space, be able to move furnishings in and out of the house w/o me having to be there to place it, have joint ownership of the home. But, yes, I am always in support of more housing items; anything to add more life and activity to our homes.
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    An NPC spouse would be a good idea for a player who wants to be married but doesn't want to deal with another player's schedule, sudden unavailability, or real-life matters getting in the way on the other player's end. Now, it doesn't have to be so detailed that it puts Skyrim's system to shame, especially since there's going to have to be at least 20 sets of lines recorded, assuming at least one spouse of each sex from all 10 races. That can get expensive if the lines are detailed and varied, but it can work.

As to which characters would be marriageable, that is the hard part. While many, many players would love to marry recurring NPCs, that raises too many questions with the lore, especially since, unlike Skyrim, important characters can often be found in several different parts of Tamriel, often at seemingly the same time. ESO is more of a shallow ocean compared to Skyrim's deep lake; the world is more obviously simulated and realism often has to be sacrificed have to be made in the name of the gameplay. Getting to the point, marriageable NPCs would probably be all-new characters who express interest in marrying the Vestige, largely out of their infatuation with him due to his many, many mighty deeds.

Because of the sheer number of NPCs which would be likely available for marriage, choices for personality are likely to be limited, with most of the spouses adhering to common or even stereotypical traits for their race and sex. I doubt ZOS would make several different personality types for each of the combinations of races and sexes present in-game. Now, as to what this would look like, we could argue all day and all night as to what personality "naturally" goes with what race/sex and not get anywhere, so I won't speculate. I can say that none of the spouses in question are likely to be combatants, as that would raise the question of why they don't help their beloved on his quests. I can see them opening a store "somewhere", much like in Skyrim, but until ZoS puts in children, there won't be adoptions.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Unless they bring me alchemy mats, runes, or any other refining mats?

No.

Not unless they're an exotic dancer. Like Magic M'aiq.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nestor wrote: »
    Let me put 1 to 10 NPCs in my house, from a list of NPCs. So, Cook, Stable, Gardner, Guard, various crafts, Companion, etc.

Give them an idle script and a patrol path that makes sense so it does not look like a wax museum.

^^This would really be nice, would love it and as it is “cosmetic” also ready to buy this from the store 🙂

Take my money guys 😎😁👍
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Spouse no.

But would certainly love to have more hirelings, NPCs, and the ability to place my alts that I'm not currently using.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • cool6654
    cool6654
    ✭✭
    Yes
    would be awesome if all your alts just wandered around your house. that's my wish.

THISSSSSSS
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    That's the only thing lacking from this game for me.

If it was single player, at the very least Raz, Naryu and Darien would be romanceable characters.

But for whatever reason they decided that players would be happy with marrying other players for 10% of xp boost at cost of one jewelry slot.

Which is BS. I play the game mostly solo (aside occasional trial or pvp), so for me 'marrying' another player has zero benefits.

My main would be totally up to making kittens with Raz. Alas, not an option.
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I’m not as concerned with a spouse but it would be fun to have NPCs in the home. That could include guards, cooks, priests, mercenaries, locals, bandits or maybe even Razum-Dar, Gabriel, or Ayrenn and others who just say hello (so ZOS doesn’t have to pay their VAs for new lines) and walk around. I just think NPC options would give the housing community something fun and creative to work with.
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes please, it would make the house much more lively and also would give a reason to actually visit the house every now and then for RP purposes maybe :tongue:
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Barefoot and pregnant or no deal. Has to be realistic if they are going to occupy your house 24/7

I don't want a pregnant husband, thanks all the same... besides, as he's a vampire, I hope undead can't have offspring in the... uhhh... "regular" manner. ;)
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    That's the only thing lacking from this game for me.

If it was single player, at the very least Raz, Naryu and Darien would be romanceable characters.

Darien broke my main's heart back in Northspire... give me... I mean her... Fennorian. Please. I will pay Crowns for this, even if he was just to be an unmarryable houseguest.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. There is a more recent thread about this topic here where you can continue this discussion. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.