The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamplar needs some changes

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing stamplar for years. I finally lvled up a stam dk and not with everything maxed and unlocked it still is better than my stamplar. Dk just works.

There are many things thing that is limiting stamplar from becoming viable in pvp and maybe pve. One example is the fact that PoTL is locked behind a stam wall. If you are not wearing bone pirates with hulking dragur. Stamplar becomes wortheless. Jabs are unreliable when one can just bash em and stop them from jabbing. There is no stam DoT on templar. There is no single target damage hit for stamina templar. There is no DoT or Single target heal for stamina templar.

Playing and branching to DK, NB and Warden made me realize cleanse is worthless in pvp. Outhealing damage is where it's at. These 3 classes have at least one type of healing that is beneficial to their stamina counterparts. Templar heals is behind a magica wall.

Jabs define stamplar....which is incredibly stupid. stamina DK and NB have a PLETHORA of skills to use in conjunction with weapon abilities. Templar, here is no deviation from jabs, PoTL and hulking dragur with bone pirates. Not only that I still can't believe none of you are talking about that NERF they did when they flipped around the radial sweep ulit.

Stamplar is broken... in a bad way. Stamplar = bone pirates + hulking. Prove me otherwise by giving me a viable build that excludes both sets and excludes PoTL and I'll back off.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are the plethora of skills that stam DK uses? Because tickle fingers(claws) is negligible and obnoxious breath is outright horrible.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are the plethora of skills that stam DK uses? Because tickle fingers(claws) is negligible and obnoxious breath is outright horrible.

What kind of build are you running where claw can be compared to a tickle? I did laugh at "Obnoxious" breath though. Still, at least you have access to major fracture. Stamplars only have minor with PoTL. I'd also kill for battle roar. Ultimate -> tripot and you're nearly full resources again. While the rune focus stam return was a really nice change, sustain can still be an issue
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventh Legion and Fury, yes I wait until the stacks for fury are built before trying to do anything with the skill. I also go medium with bone pirate and any random set to see what works best. Frankly the results were a lackluster.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on March 30, 2019 2:31PM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion stamplar is the worst class in the game and does indeed need some serious buffs and/or rework on abilities. I don't see any scenario or niche in which stamplar is good at.

I disagree that Purge is useless and that you have to wear bone pirate and hulking tho.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.