The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Casual Player Looking Guild

Sharlikran
Sharlikran
✭✭✭
Hi I'm Sharlikran co-author of xEdit, Wrye Bash contributor, and on rare occasions I update the LOOT masterlist. Although I did some contributions to the BOSS masterlist.

I was in a guild a few years ago and after I had returned to working on xEdit I was removed from the guild for inactivity. If I had become a permanent member I believe I would not have had to worry about inactivity that much. Unfortunately the guild also left me a bit stunned by the reasons as well. I am a person of integrity and they didn't seem to believe that or even care.

What I am looking for:

Members who are honest, trusting, drama free, don't use expletives, and are free from projection and confirmation biases. Having a website or discord isn't required but I would like to join a guild that's active enough that they have ways to communicate and events that I can join during the week. I do live in the pacific time zone GMT -7. Events are best for me between 7pm and 9pm on weekdays. Sunday I can do longer events from 3pm to 9pm and Monday is open depending on what's going on with the family.

Honesty and trust are very important to me. While in my initiate period in the last guild I was frequently overlooked for promotion to permanent member. I had participated in many guild events in the months I was in the guild. When people leading an event were unable to be there I would have an impromptu event for those that showed up. So if we were going PVPing, zone exploration, killing zone bosses, whatever the event happened to be I would ask who wanted to go. People in the guild really loved doing the guild events and it was an important part of the game to them. The first few times it happened I really felt bad when they showed up and found out the leader could not be there for real life reasons. So I just stared doing them anyway.

However, it wasn't seen in a positive light by the officers. It was seen as aggressive and trying to hard. This is why I would like to join a drama free guild. My natural way to play of helping others do the events, making them gear, helping with quests, or whatever else was seen as trying to impress them. I would prefer not to be in a guild that projects personality traits onto other players and has confirmation biases. One officer was kind enough to explain to me that the reason I was continuously overlooked is they didn't know what to think of me. However, nobody ever actually came to speak to me about a past member and how that was effecting their decision. Once I learned I reached out to another officer that lead the PVP events at the time and he confined it was the primary reason I had not been promoted. I think waiting 5 to 6 months was being patient on my part.

Apparently prior to my becoming a member someone had joined, was an equally active player and participated in guild events. However, that other player caused some drama and that ended up causing some members to leave the guild. I was a member for about 5 to 6 months in their initiate position which there was no permanent initiate. I was in that position longer then anyone else because they could not figure me out so to speak. This previous player had left such a mark on them that they still were feeling the effects of it. My natural way of playing was like rubbing salt in their wounds.

I found out about two or three months after I joined and had to sit there for another two or three months not saying anything about it. You can understand it's not easy to tell someone they are projecting without making them defensive. What I attempted to use was kindness and understanding. I didn't talk to them directly about it. Instead I tried to compere my feelings to real life. So I'd tell a story about my daughters for example. True stories but the stories were meant to hopefully help them see that I was not the "other player" and wasn't going to cause the drama they felt was sure to come.

As far as expletives I have to say something about that. In the last guild I did use damit and darnet maybe 5 times when I first joined. I was very used to saying that when I was disappointed. A few times it slipped for other permanent members. When a permanent member slipped it was just opps sorry and everyone kept playing. When I slipped it was a guild message reminding people of the guild rules. Which was a little overwhelming to say the least. I never used anything stronger then just those two mildly offensive words. It was a hard habit to break but I did it. However, those times were just too much for them. So if you do have strict language policies, please don't be overzealous about it.

So hopefully if you have read all that you are a member or leader of a nice guild with friendly fun people who like to get together and play the game, please let me know about your guild. Playing more or less alone is kind of boring. Although with work and family I do have to limit my playing time. I hope I can find a guild that is open minded about that and doesn't have strict play time requirements.

Thank you.
Edited by Sharlikran on March 30, 2019 6:32PM
  • HICKXKUSH
    HICKXKUSH
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/464713/new-na-server-guild-lf-players-and-friends
    we are more laid back, but trying to grow.. but we are a guild in game and we have a community i am the owner. i wouldnt worry about most of that, not that strict all i ask is to respect each other.. and have fun make friends. you welcome to join us and grow with us , we arent currently doing events but we will get there once we have the members and stuff running smooth.. we will be getting involved in everything in the game , for the most part. we are kore- operatives that link will tell you the biggest info on it. and has the links and everything to join us . .come make friends.