The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HELP: gamebreaking durability bug on all characters, no reply for 5 days after submitting the ticket

Shpicy
Shpicy
Soul Shriven
Hi. I'm a returning ESO player. Just bought the eso plus last week hoping to enjoy the game. Now this bug just prevents me progressing all my old characters because:

1. Somehow all of my gears equipped and in my inventory have 0 durability. Repairing them is just waste of gold (I wasted some) because if you log out then log back in they are 0 durability again!

2. No matter how I change my equipped gears, it resets to the 0 durability loadout every time I relog into the game. (It's like server don't remember what I did with my character and resets every time I log out)

To me, this is really frustrating. Besides doing daily writs to make some gold (thank god my gold does not reset every time I log out), or starting a new character, there's nothing else I can do with my old characters. All my previously acquired gears are completely useless due to this bug.

I submitted my ticket on March 24th (Question Reference # 190324-003731) and now it's the 5th day and still no reply from the customer service. Tbh I won't even have to write this if they reply me within 48 hours like they said. Now I just stuck with this bug every day.

I have attached 2 screenshots to show my frustration... and hopefully this can get their attention and help me resolve this asap.

em4c644pp7wf.png
0zorgxs23rzp.png

Thank you for reading this.

Edit: I just logged in my account and it's been fixed (around 6:30 pm EST). Hopefully all other affected accounts have also been fixed. Thanks guys.
Edited by Shpicy on March 28, 2019 10:39PM
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,
    Welcome to the club! Please feel free to grab a chair and watch your hair turn grey in the mirror before ZoS finally answers or fixes it!
    Having the same thing its been a week and 4 tickets later for me.
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brad and I am an Escalations Agent here with the Support Team.

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue which you and several other players have recently experienced where some characters did not properly convert during our recent database upgrade, implemented when the Wrathstone Update went live. This has caused various issues, including preventing players from properly repair their equipment.

We believe we have identified a fix, and we will be implementing some changes this afternoon.

In order to avoid further delays, and waiting until the next available patch window, we are going to attempt to fix the account in a Live environment. Doing so requires us to ensure that nobody attempt to access the account while edits are being made, so we will be putting a temporary suspension on the account in question. This is not related to any Terms of Service violations, it is simply a precaution to prevent further delaying the fix.

We plan to begin this process soon, and will follow up with you once it is done to let you know you can again access your account.

Best Regards,

Brad - Escalations
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Looks like its being done soonish today!
  • official_mrgiddy
    just noticed this post sorry I haven't contributed to it! this is from the other three.

Ok so I logged on it all works however my Selistrix's shoulders were still missing. Waiting to hear back about getting those back. I would have also been pleasant to find a gift or something for our trouble but I guess it wasn't worth it...I just know from my experience in customer service that that goes a long way to restore faith.
  • Shpicy
    Shpicy
    Soul Shriven
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    Hello,
    Welcome to the club! Please feel free to grab a chair and watch your hair turn grey in the mirror before ZoS finally answers or fixes it!
    Having the same thing its been a week and 4 tickets later for me.

lol thx for the hospitality man. I just logged in my account and it seems they just fixed it this afternoon.
  • Shpicy
    Shpicy
    Soul Shriven
    Smellfire wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brad and I am an Escalations Agent here with the Support Team.

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue which you and several other players have recently experienced where some characters did not properly convert during our recent database upgrade, implemented when the Wrathstone Update went live. This has caused various issues, including preventing players from properly repair their equipment.

We believe we have identified a fix, and we will be implementing some changes this afternoon.

In order to avoid further delays, and waiting until the next available patch window, we are going to attempt to fix the account in a Live environment. Doing so requires us to ensure that nobody attempt to access the account while edits are being made, so we will be putting a temporary suspension on the account in question. This is not related to any Terms of Service violations, it is simply a precaution to prevent further delaying the fix.

We plan to begin this process soon, and will follow up with you once it is done to let you know you can again access your account.

Best Regards,

Brad - Escalations
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Looks like its being done soonish today!

Great news! Thx for the info man! I just logged in my account and it's fixed for my account!
  • Shpicy
    Shpicy
    Soul Shriven
    just noticed this post sorry I haven't contributed to it! this is from the other three.

Ok so I logged on it all works however my Selistrix's shoulders were still missing. Waiting to hear back about getting those back. I would have also been pleasant to find a gift or something for our trouble but I guess it wasn't worth it...I just know from my experience in customer service that that goes a long way to restore faith.

That sucks man. I hope you get your gears back soon.
    I was also thinking some kinds of compensation initially but now I really dont care...Just happy that my account was just been fixed and now finally I can enjoy the game.
  • official_mrgiddy
    Yea I'm not going to make a scene once i get my item back. I did use 8 keys to get it back so I will just ask them for the keys. But I won't let this go empty handed!