The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anti-Sorc Shield Gear

Canned_Apples
Canned_Apples
✭✭✭✭✭
Which set combos are better to counter the 3 shield sorc spammer meta you see in bgs and noncp:

Torug's or Sloads? + Shield Breaker (stam)

Yes, I am 100% okay playing a cheese build to counter the meta cheese builds
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on no cp just attack their stamina. If they can't break free, they're dead.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back bar Master dual wield axes with Sload's Semblance and Shield Breaker.

Have at it champ.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Have at it champ.

You're bloody disgusting
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Have at it champ.

pretty much this. you can increase the salt with playing a snb dk with this setup. (wings + defensive posture if out of magicka )
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really isn’t too hard to kill shield users, your dmg is probably way too low or you don’t use CCs enough.

You shouldn’t have to use an anti sorc setup to kill them.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just stun them
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    If they ar stacking healing ward then they are bad.....
    Shieldbreaker is ok unless they have a matriach. Then they will just heal through your oblivion damage and stop shielding. At this point you will be a wet noodle...
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which set combos are better to counter the 3 shield sorc spammer meta you see in bgs and noncp:

Torug's or Sloads? + Shield Breaker (stam)

Yes, I am 100% okay playing a cheese build to counter the meta cheese builds

3 shield spamming isnt meta in bgs. The ONLY reason people think sorcs, and pet sorcs in particular, are meta is due to the matchmaking changes implemented recently. The really good multi warden premades need to wait 30+ minutes to get into a match, and as a consequence, dont play much anymore. They would absolutely destroy pet sorc "premades" if they still played.

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure OP is a stamblade or re-roll one by now
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a magblade that I use to troll other NBs. I don't intend on creating a stamblade any time soon.

I've seen those warden premades a few times. Alone they're not much of a threat because their combos are so predictable- shalks---> cliff---> heavy--> dawn breaker- it's when you have two or more attacking you that they become an issue, but that is true of any premade.
    Urvoth wrote: »
    It really isn’t too hard to kill shield users, your dmg is probably way too low or you don’t use CCs enough.

We're talking no-cp bgs here. Even with several people beating on them, it's hard to break past all those shields.

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a magblade that I use to troll other NBs. I don't intend on creating a stamblade any time soon.

I've seen those warden premades a few times. Alone they're not much of a threat because their combos are so predictable- shalks---> cliff---> heavy--> dawn breaker- it's when you have two or more attacking you that they become an issue, but that is true of any premade.
    Urvoth wrote: »

We're talking no-cp bgs here. Even with several people beating on them, it's hard to break past all those shields.

It's not at all. If you can't deal with a sorc's shields, your dmg is just too low or you're not CCIng. Keep in mind that when the shields do go down, the sorc will usually die, so it's more of a battle against the sorc's resources than health bar.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs can be difficult for other Magicka builds to deal with, for 2 primary reasons:
    1) They can generally escape from (or LOS, at will) any other Magicka player that isn't also a Sorc.
    2) If they shield stack (with 2 shields, not 3), they get really powerful defense while also having basically infinite sustain through Harness Magicka.

That said, you can use the same broad strategy against them that's really strong against every other Magicka build; focus primarily on keeping your resources and defenses up, while you CC the Magicka player every 6 seconds. When his/her Stamina is gone, their Health will follow closely behind.