Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where is the PVE kill cam?

Relyk04
Relyk04
✭✭✭
Where? Lol allegedly it's here but I have yet to encounter it. Am I mistaken?
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure it was removed, for what exact reasons, I'm unsure...
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    so glad it was removed, nothing less immersive in gaming that suddenly the screen goes all cinematic like and you get a kill cam. hated them in Fallout 3, Skyrim and basically every game that has them
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Let's imagine...

You are a level 8 Nightblade fighting Doisha and you get to the point where she spawns her healing orbs. The kill cam kicks in as pop the first one and you can only watch helplessly as the other orbs move towards her and she gets healed. In slow motion no less. Um, not for me thanks.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    That kill cam is the entire reason I stuck with playing Skyrim since combat was a droll, numb exercise otherwise. It was even more fun when they'd be yapping away and cue me caving in their skull with a mace to quiet them down. Awesome!

I appreciate that ESO has kills that reduce random enemies to piles of ash in a flash of fire/electricity or shatter when frozen depending on the type of enchant on your weapon. The sound effects on the electrical fire is especially good. :smile:
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Kill cams in Skyrim were neat the first dozen times or so. After that they became tedious at best, and disruptive at worst. Nothing worse than dying in a fight against half a dozen enemies because the kill cam kicked in on the first one and the others beat you to death before it even finished. I appreciate what they were trying to do with it and it was fun for a minute, but I'm glad it's not in this game and will not really miss it if it never comes back in the single player games either. The kill cam ran its course. Time for it to be gone.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a kill cam. Its goin to be released later and its something that pops up and tells you what killed you and what you can do to become a better player.
    Edited by METALPUNKS on April 10, 2014 2:20AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hated kill cam, nothing more invasive to your gaming than a forced cutscene every few minutes or so..
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are talking about two different things, here.

There's the cinematic killcam like Skyrim, then there is the PvP CoD-style killcam that PvPers talk about. Obviously not the same thing.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I never had a killcam in either Skyrim or in Fallout 3/NV when there still enemies around, it always happened against the last standing opponent in the fight or at a stealth kill in Skyrim. (Hmm, maybe in Fallout it did happen in combat too but I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure I only got it against the last standing opponent both on PC and on PS3.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Relyk04
    Relyk04
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    I think people are talking about two different things, here.

There's the cinematic killcam like Skyrim, then there is the PvP CoD-style killcam that PvPers talk about. Obviously not the same thing.

Indeed. Either way, I feel it 'felt' more 'engaged' in the game. Seeing how combat is somewhat 'different;' I think it would breathe life into ESO in some ways and that doesn't necessarily mean it'll have the exact 'mechanics' of the Skyrim killcam (cinematic).... yes yes lots of 'laser'.... fire the 'laser'...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I never had a killcam in either Skyrim or in Fallout 3/NV when there still enemies around, it always happened against the last standing opponent in the fight or at a stealth kill in Skyrim. (Hmm, maybe in Fallout it did happen in combat too but I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure I only got it against the last standing opponent both on PC and on PS3.

I am certain I was whacked while the killcam was occurring. Whether this was intended or a bug, I have no idea. But I distinctly remember arrows flying into my head as my nifty cinematic victory turned into a vignette of my death.