The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fix the bloody battlegrounds not starting properly

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm getting these bugged battlegrounds every day now. Extremely annoying especially since you get slapped with a 20 minute deserter debuff if you leave after first waiting for ages in the hope that it might start. Just now was especially ridiculous, which prompted this topic: first I got in the battleground and the entire green Pit Daemons team was missing. After waiting for 10+ minutes we all decided to leave.
After I waited for 20 minutes for the deserter debuff to pass, I re-queued. And guess what, I ended up alone in the same bloody battleground I was forced to leave 20 minutes earlier. Yay another 20 minute wait. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, you should not be hit with a deserter penalty if you leave after a certain amount of time of the group finder trying and failing to fill groups. And/or automatically disband the match after a certain amount of time elapses without starting.

Because I agree: it's infuriating. Also infuriating: when you start a match with three people while the other two teams have four, and group finder never fills the fourth.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    my suggestion is that lobbies disband after 5 minutes if they dont start the match, keeps broken lobbies eating up players and frees ones in broken ones without being there for too long.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    my suggestion is that lobbies disband after 5 minutes if they dont start the match, keeps broken lobbies eating up players and frees ones in broken ones without being there for too long.

Removing the deserter penalty from leaving broken matches would fix this indirectly. I feel the main reason people stay in broken matches is they don't want to get the penalty, they hold out a sliver of hope that it'll fix itself. Remove the penalty from leaving broken matches, people would leave broken matches instantly, broken match gets dropped from match making. No waiting for those in the match, either.
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    same here bought game cant Play half of my game time since 3 weeks, this will never be fixed i read of it Long time now. fraud game!
  • Garack
    Garack
    ✭✭✭
    and again.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Removing the deserter penalty from leaving broken matches would fix this indirectly. I feel the main reason people stay in broken matches is they don't want to get the penalty, they hold out a sliver of hope that it'll fix itself. Remove the penalty from leaving broken matches, people would leave broken matches instantly, broken match gets dropped from match making. No waiting for those in the match, either.

I don't know, today I ended back in the same bugged battleground that I left 20 minutes earlier. And this second time I was the only soul in the entire battleground. So these bugged battlegrounds may remain active whether people are in them or not.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how hard is it to put a timer of 5 mins on the lobby and kick everyone?

must be $$$$ hard
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simple fix to that is applying the penalty only if the match has started. Can't be too hard to implement that? The game knows if the match has started or not, so players getting a penalty for being stuck in a limbo sucks. Happened to me quite a few times. Usually I just then re-log to a different character and get a match done on them, before I go back to my main.

The bug with the incomplete groups can be quite annoying too and unfair as well. As soon as the other teams find out they can farm the incomplete group 8 v 3 it becomes a slaughter and it makes you not want to play BGs anymore (saying that, twice I got grouped with pretty good players and we managed to win a deathmatch by basically staying in one spot and letting the other two teams feed us points - sheer luck probably but it was very satisfying - like defending a keep in Cyro with 10 players vs full faction stack).
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I'm getting these bugged battlegrounds every day now. Extremely annoying especially since you get slapped with a 20 minute deserter debuff if you leave after first waiting for ages in the hope that it might start. Just now was especially ridiculous, which prompted this topic: first I got in the battleground and the entire green Pit Daemons team was missing. After waiting for 10+ minutes we all decided to leave.
    After I waited for 20 minutes for the deserter debuff to pass, I re-queued. And guess what, I ended up alone in the same bloody battleground I was forced to leave 20 minutes earlier. Yay another 20 minute wait. Absolutely ridiculous.

It sounds like there is a single bugged instance of BGs that keeps putting people into it to fill the vacancies. I have seen this in another game and it is annoying.

I am posting this in case Zos does look at the thread as it is one possibility.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me 3 times today, and several others in the last week. Very annoying.