The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Conditions for "Empieror" title...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so the achievement "Messy Business" states "Kill 10 players while they are covered in pie in Cyrodiil".

Seems simple enough? Wrong.

There are certain "conditions" that MUST be met to complete a verified kill.

1. You must be in your HOME campaign. Guest campaigns do not work, nor does being ported into a campaign that is neither your home nor guest.
2. You must get the killing blow. It's no good just being involved in the kill, your name must appear on the enemy death recap as the final blow.
3. You cannot be grouped (moronic, just like the kill 40 players). This isn't vital, but recommended since this can prevent you getting credited with the kill. And yes, I've tested it thoroughly in a controlled situation.
4. If you kill the enemy with about 5 seconds left of the pie effect appearing on the enemy player, it's likely it won't credit you with the kill whilst "covered in pie". It seems there is a little cooldown (or lag) between the character still looking covered, and them actually having the effect upon them.

I tested this with 3 guildmates. We tried multiple different ways, and pretty sure this is the EXACT criteria for getting verified kills.

Just an FYI - THIS is what testers in the PTS should be doing, not just lollygagging looking at all the pretty new shiny things that ZoS have given them. Half the reason the game has bugs is because "testers" are not actually testing the game for bugs... *climbs down from soapbox*

I really hope this helps anyone that was previously struggling :)
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Just an FYI - THIS is what testers in the PTS should be doing, not just lollygagging looking at all the pretty new shiny things that ZoS have given them. Half the reason the game has bugs is because "testers" are not actually testing the game for bugs... *climbs down from soapbox*

So you are saying that every PC player that wants to test builds has also to test your social stuff?
    Edited by KhajiitFelix on March 23, 2019 10:24AM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are saying that every PC player that wants to test builds has also to test your social stuff?

I'm saying that TESTERS should actually check that gameplay is WORKING. I never mentioned anything about builds - read what I put before you jump on me. I see so many testers just wanted to put up pictures and videos of new shiny additions to the game, rather than actually TEST if the stuff works... sheesh. Please try to read before jumping in with your big size nines.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did this in my guest campaign. And was grouped. But yea, only kill hit gets it done.

Also easiest way to get it, get 2 friends in other Faction, meet up, throw pie kill, other friend revives and repeat. Takes like 5 minutes to do
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 23, 2019 11:05AM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this in my guest campaign. And was grouped. But yea, only kill hit gets it done.

Also easiest way to get it, get 2 friends in other Faction, meet up, throw pie kill, other friend revives and repeat. Takes like 5 minutes to do

What platform are you on? Because I can confirm for sure that at least 10 of my guildmates on PS4 NA Server couldn't get it done in guest campaigns and grouped...
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC.

Met with 3 other friends. 1 also in DC and the other 2 on EP. I was grouped with the DC one. We just took turns. Getting the achievement for 1 person until we had em all.

Only had to get the killing blow after throwing pie.
    Was as simple as that. Maybe they dun goofed it on consoles.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 23, 2019 11:26AM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm saying that TESTERS should actually check that gameplay is WORKING. I never mentioned anything about builds - read what I put before you jump on me. I see so many testers just wanted to put up pictures and videos of new shiny additions to the game, rather than actually TEST if the stuff works... sheesh. Please try to read before jumping in with your big size nines.

Most people go to PTS just to test new stuff and they shouldn't search for bugs, it's not even their job
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they don't go there to test every detail for bugs. It's impossible to find everything.
    Especially when it is an event achievement tied to Cyrodiil.
    Things like that you likely only find in a live environment with alot of players actually playing the content.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they don't go there to test every detail for bugs. It's impossible to find everything.
    Especially when it is an event achievement tied to Cyrodiil.
    Things like that you likely only find in a live environment with alot of players actually playing the content.

The events go live in the PTS prior to hitting the main servers...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people go to PTS just to test new stuff and they shouldn't search for bugs, it's not even their job

That's EXACTLY their job...

If you're unsure about it, go to the PTS forums, start here...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454528/megathread-update-21-official-feedback-threads-amp-bug-reports#latest

Note: it's called the Bug Report thread to give feedback on bugs found in the PTS... again, please be informed before commenting. Now if you're only going to troll and not add anything constructive - please refrain from posting.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it on an guest campain,
    Its correct that you must do killing blow but you can be grouped or solo.
    It can bug out, we found it best to do one attack then pie and burn, as you say if you are to late it might well not register.

The far easiest way to do this is to cheese it.
    Looking for pie group in guilds, trade guilds works well. Agree on an campaign and an place to meet up. You will need pies soul gems and be two or more of you alliance.
    one target and one to rez.

If you are an large group or people want this on multiple alts do it in an delve as else the fighting show up on map and will draw attention.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's EXACTLY their job...

If you're unsure about it, go to the PTS forums, start here...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454528/megathread-update-21-official-feedback-threads-amp-bug-reports#latest

Note: it's called the Bug Report thread to give feedback on bugs found in the PTS... again, please be informed before commenting. Now if you're only going to troll and not add anything constructive - please refrain from posting.

he's not trolling, its not our JOB to test bugs. its the purpose of the PTS to be APART of bug testing. that official statement is just lazy and pushing zos' JOB on to players.
    Edited by Mojmir on March 24, 2019 2:30PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Did it on an guest campain,
    Its correct that you must do killing blow but you can be grouped or solo.
    It can bug out, we found it best to do one attack then pie and burn, as you say if you are to late it might well not register.

The far easiest way to do this is to cheese it.
    Looking for pie group in guilds, trade guilds works well. Agree on an campaign and an place to meet up. You will need pies soul gems and be two or more of you alliance.
    one target and one to rez.

If you are an large group or people want this on multiple alts do it in an delve as else the fighting show up on map and will draw attention.

I’m sure this is exactly how ZoS envisioned it when the idea was pitched in their staff meeting.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 3 and it reset count after refresh. It’s gonna be hard to get.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, on PC you can be grouped and as long as you get the killing blow, it will count towards the achievement.