The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Erstwhile Sanctuary.... Is it coming back?

DJKAHUNA
DJKAHUNA
Started ESO recently and learned about Erstwhile. Is is coming back soon for the DB / TG celebration event? Also I read in several places it is buggy. If it does come back, is it a fine home? Or would I be better off with Earthtear Cavern? Thanks for the input. DJK
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s coming back 14th I think
    Can’t say anything bout anything else in your post unfortunately I own neither earth tear or Sanctuary yet
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJKAHUNA wrote: »
    Started ESO recently and learned about Erstwhile. Is is coming back soon for the DB / TG celebration event? Also I read in several places it is buggy. If it does come back, is it a fine home? Or would I be better off with Earthtear Cavern? Thanks for the input. DJK

I think, that Erstwhile is much more interesting home than Earthtear Cavern, but probably not as a first housing project you do. It could be difficult to furnish properly (the proper lighting in the house is a task of its own). I would suggest to start with houses, that could be acquired with gold (Amaya lake lodge, Velothi Reverie, Hunding's Palatial hall etc), unless you really want a cave.

The Erstwhile sanctuary was rotated back into Crown store twice, so I think there is nothing that prevents it from returning again. Though, ZOS might make a long delay next time
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 12, 2019 2:45PM
  • DJKAHUNA
    DJKAHUNA
    Purchased it. Got 400/700 furnishings so far. Most are hedges, lighting, platforms and stuff.

dr4ap3i2gke6.png
    nmpdglmu8uk0.png
    hosb2b7l060p.png
    xb1o6r9a4xml.png
    7to9co6h7h0b.png
    ay75pq4fxm69.png
    rq93vysb8zzc.png

Not a bad start for my 3rd home. :smiley:
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up on the Erstwhile Sanctuary. I got it because I was excited to turn it into a library and place of learning. Those built in shelves will not accept books, though. It's a bit of a disappointment needing to add "readable" bookshelves to the place.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    "The Erstwhile Sanctuary" available for purchase since one month! :)
    Thank you ZOS !! :)
    PC | EU