The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Friendly request to fellow players - mounts and pets at busy quest hubs

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
We have the festival going, and we have the new launch of the free Elsweyr prologue. These kind of quest givers are very popular and quite often there are so many players surrounding the poor guy/gal that it's hard to even find them. That affects loading, and I will have to stand around for maybe a minute before the quest giver appears and I can click on him/her (The name will appear, but clicking doesn't do anything).

When, in addition to this, you have huge mounts in the small Jester's tent, and just about every player have a flying, crawling, squaking pet around them, it makes it even more crowded. Not to mention, it also affects loading.

I can understand that people want to show off their mounts and pets inside towns and villages. After all, that is the place where most players are to be found. However, could you please dismount your mount and dismiss your pet when approaching these very short-time, popular hubs? That would make it easier for a lot of players, I think.
  • xirub17_ESO
    xirub17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Wherever you find players, you'll find pet sorc's and mounts. With pet's its not easy to just "put them away", you have to remove the skill off your bar to do so, generally. Pressing the "cast" button does their special ability, healing or attacking, so that would probably add to the lag.

I think the problem you are describing is more of a problem of the sheer amount of players shoving themselves into one place, with a 5 year badge, I assume you've seen this problem before.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't mount in elden root station area. I would consider visiting this area for less clutter in general.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will if they will.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes going into sneak will make the NPC load in quicker.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    You can't mount in elden root station area. I would consider visiting this area for less clutter in general.

Except that petfree players use this as a deuelling range. It also takes us Australian players a long time to get from the wayshrine to anywhere in Elden root because of congestion.

Whilst the suggestion is good, there is no practical solution to other players in consideration.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And stop dueling at these locations!
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brothers Of Strife Wayshrine. Jester location and now suggested location for one of the Elsweyr dailies. Bad timing.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wherever you find players, you'll find pet sorc's and mounts. With pet's its not easy to just "put them away", you have to remove the skill off your bar to do so, generally. Pressing the "cast" button does their special ability, healing or attacking, so that would probably add to the lag.

You can remove them under your Character sheet. Scroll to the bottom of your active effects and hit your respective button to unsummon them.

A lot of the issue is most of the people who have pets out, probably don't even know the forums exist, much less won't see any of these posts. It's just as bad as the "wayshrines duelers" who lag out the capitol cities or starting city hubs.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS could add info to one of the loading screens to tell people how to put away their pets.

A lot of people have no idea that you can go into your character screen, scroll down to bottom and remove effect for your bear, bouncy and floppy. It's a bit annoying on console (PC has a one-click add-on), but not too terrible.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you're asking for is people to be considerate of others in a shared virtual space. Not going to happen.
  • Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    What you're asking for is people to be considerate of others in a shared virtual space. Not going to happen.

Haha, yes. My thoughts exactly. :D
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waits for Elsweyr then people put bears on top of Alfiq quest givers.

Remember in WOW then people with robes stood on top of gnomes while afk.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually spend more time standing around waiting for festival NPCs to load than I do actual quest actions. Betting I could shave 10 minutes off the total 3-quest farm if load times of NPC assets wasn't abysmal.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Ca2S
    Ca2S
    Soul Shriven
    The pet dismiss addon is still working just fine
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the problem you are describing is more of a problem of the sheer amount of players shoving themselves into one place, with a 5 year badge, I assume you've seen this problem before.

I don't know how it is on pc but on console you can "unsummon" them by going to your character page and down where the buffs are you can click to unsummon your pets?
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night was getting really bad. I was trying to be considerate by unsummoning my bear and dismounting just before I got to the NPC only to find 3 sorc pets on top of him.
  • Tabris93
    Tabris93
    ✭✭✭
    I play on PC, and I dismiss my pet by pressing U (Collections), going to Non-Combat Pets and then dismiss from there. Same with my Fence Assistant (I wish there was a short-cut for that, though, as I summon and dismiss my fence assistant much more often than I do my pet).
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounts and non- fighting pets don't bother me as I've never been blocked from quest interaction by them.

However, player fighting pets are a pain because you can't click through them. They block any type of interaction with the quest action node.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    And stop dueling at these locations!
    Duelists are sensitive creatures. You must understand that if they do not duel, they feel dead inside. Their life is pointless on ESO without a fight. And when they see an opponent from PVP outside of Cyrodiil, their lust for blood drives their fingers to ask for a duel. It does not matter where or when, it is a must.

Please be kind to these creatures. This is all they have in their life and we can't take them away. We must preserve this for the health of PVP players. God bless these souls.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      "My quest is done for Jester Queen Ayrenn, time go to afk for 10 minutes with my bear on top of her. *** all the other people here."- warden outside Vulkhel Guard on Saturday.
    • Michae
      Michae
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't use combat pets and have my regular pet on quick select. Hooray me?
      "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
      Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU