The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost Vault: Why couldnt the other bosses be more like the last boss?

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Especially the first boss. how am I supposed to do boss mechanics and dps while I'm being chain knocked by constantly spawning hordes of adds? it just doesnt stop, I'm juggled till I die, or the healer is. took us multiple tries to beat it on normal due to that "mechanic". the other bosses were a little better, with the last one being the only one I liked at all.
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The troll? Cleave takes care of the adds more often than not, and if you’re all standing close enough he doesn’t do any jumps. The uppercut is annoying but if you’re really having a rough time with the cc it doesn’t hurt to run Immovability pots and pop them once adds start spawning
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a DPS/movement check, you have to deliver your highest amount of damage while dodging and running arounds. It's a nice little filter.
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    The troll? Cleave takes care of the adds more often than not, and if you’re all standing close enough he doesn’t do any jumps. The uppercut is annoying but if you’re really having a rough time with the cc it doesn’t hurt to run Immovability pots and pop them once adds start spawning

The adds just kind of swarm the dps or healer and knock spam them preventing any actions until they die.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »

The adds just kind of swarm the dps or healer and knock spam them preventing any actions until they die.

The longest chain I’ve been under at all was I think two knockbacks. It wasn’t particularly threatening so much as it was annoying. But it’s not nearly so big a deal you’re making it out to be. You can block most of them (besides the boss’s knockup-bash mechanic) or like mentioned drink an Immovable potion while AoEing the little cretins. The key to that fight is staying grouped up tight, since there’s no real AoE or boss cleave threats, and you need to be in bash distance no matter what anyway, and it keeps the boss from jumping, AND it allows the AoE to burn through the adds.
    Options
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need either a good group dps or a good tank. Not that i'm super great tank but i farmed mighty glacier just after release so it was ~ 10 runs in normal to get my ice staff. And omg what a groups I had, something like cp50+cp180 in half of the cases with 15-25k group dps and we still completed it each time, though with that level of group dps a lot of other normal dlc dungeons are impossible to complete at all.
    So frostvault actually allows lower stats for dps but mechanics must be performed. Or simply dps high enough to nuke. But it must be really high dps even in normal if you don't want to do mechanics.
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any adds near the boss when he does Lifting Strike get destroyed also, if you want to use that tactic, similar to the rolling spheres blasting the dwemer machines on the Protector boss
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the last boss a bit too easy in the combat department. The only issue I've had with the first boss is bash doesn't always seem to work and more importantly the other players in PUGS either don't know about it or they tunnel the boss and ignore the player that is down.
    Options
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit first time there was like an instant wipe on that boss, and I was the tank. I agree that it is tricky to taunt the boss and adds and avoid all those stuns and getting knocked down over and over again. Point the boss away from the rest of the group, let the DD deal with adds and try to get stunned or knocked around as little as possible.

Last boss was awesome! Really liked it. :)
    Edited by VDoom1 on March 25, 2019 9:41PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only run through it with my tank but I was having a blast trying to see how much aggro I could hold and sustain through.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just let the boss kill the adds. If people wanna run away from the boss with a train of adds in them and die when the boss jumps to them, that's on them as far as I'm concerned
    Edited by Silver_Strider on March 26, 2019 12:58AM
    Argonian forever
    Options