Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds need help

iCaliban
iCaliban
✭✭✭✭✭
This isnt your typical complaint about X class, Y skill, Z gear set.

Rather, this is a complaint about a couple things that are driving players away from Bgs entirely.

1) the long queue for high mmr players. Waiting 15-20 minutes to get into a match solo (and even longer with a friend or 2) is discouraging as heck for the more dedicated BG players.

2) Coupled with a long wait time, the rewards from a bg match are lackluster to say the least. The odds of finding something valuable is incredibly low, the ap per hour is low compared to cyrodil, the value of ap itself is tanking lately, next to no gold reward from a bg match.

Suggested solution: a buff to rewards from battlegrounds, gold from ~200 per match to 1k, ap gains given a 10% boost. And possibly a solution to solo queue players waiting 15-20 minutes for a match.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is for new BG sets with the next chapter.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS hears your concerns.

Here’s a new map instead.
  • asnd
    asnd
    ✭✭
    My vote is for new BG sets with the next chapter.

That would just drive people to play BG's to get the rewards and not actually play to... pvp. Especially in lower MMR; that would do nothing for high mmr queues.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better rewards are the first step in the right direction. 1k gold/match would at least give an incentive for more people to play over and over.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Better rewards are the first step in the right direction. 1k gold/match would at least give an incentive for more people to play over and over.

Yeah, no. If BGs rewarded 1k gold per match, they would be flooded with Chinese gold seller bots that moved from side to side at the spawn point 24/7.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Yeah, no. If BGs rewarded 1k gold per match, they would be flooded with Chinese gold seller bots that moved from side to side at the spawn point 24/7.

As an avid BGer, I see no reason not to advocate for new and/or better rewards. And it would certainly bring in more players to BGs. Again, good for BGs. If some of those players stick around, then we get new blood into higher mmrs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then have it second place and up gets the reward.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

its awful. hate it
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

its awful. hate it

If I could give 100 agrees, you'd get 100 agrees, the map is that bad.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s still possible to get second place with a player who does not engage on your team. I’m all for better rewards, don’t get me wrong — just not gold, because BGs absolutely would become attractive for afkers and botters.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is ridiculous you know that right? You can earn roughly 30k gold with a decent aoe build farming gold in the time it takes to run a single BG match. You can earn even more per hour farming mats.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just needs 4v4. Seriously. MM would be way faster that way as well.
    PC EU
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s still possible to get second place with a player who does not engage on your team. I’m all for better rewards, don’t get me wrong — just not gold, because BGs absolutely would become attractive for afkers and botters.

They should raise the value of AP then. As it stands, the price drops patch after patch, especially with the several double ap events we have each year. Multiple new pvp only motifs would probably be the way to go. And a bump in ap gains from bgs.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

This is ridiculous you know that right? You can earn roughly 30k gold with a decent aoe build farming gold in the time it takes to run a single BG match. You can earn even more per hour farming mats.

Any gameplay mode that gives players an opportunity to earn gold through unattended gameplay CAN and WILL be exploited by bots. One account spamming BGs wouldn’t earn much gold. The botters don’t just run one account, though.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a solo queue only option.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

Any gameplay mode that gives players an opportunity to earn gold through unattended gameplay CAN and WILL be exploited by bots. One account spamming BGs wouldn’t earn much gold. The botters don’t just run one account, though.

Add baseline match participation to earn the gold. No worries about bots flooding in with that. It would have to be more efficient than zone farming and I don't see gold sellers doing something not worth their time.
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on March 25, 2019 10:10PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The queue time is really a problem. The funny think is that I play with almost the same players every night. We finish the game then I guess we all queue and we wait for 15 minutes to play again together, just mixed teams. Probably there is a CD how often we can play together in a game and that is why the waiting time.

Basically the algorithm probably calculates that we have similar MMR and then we should play together but as we did the last game some time should pass.
    Because I can!
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    just reset this *hidden* mmr every X days/month, problem solved.

waiting more than 10 minutes is just bad design.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haojin wrote: »
    just reset this *hidden* mmr every X days/month, problem solved.

waiting more than 10 minutes is just bad design.

If they reset them every 10 days, they just can remove them.
    Because I can!
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    mmr is bs in 4v4v4 environment. you either get flanked by 3th team or get zerged by both teams.

i'd love to see a true mmr system only avaliable for 4v4 or 6v6 cp-no cp. the rest should be mmr free.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haojin wrote: »
    mmr is bs in 4v4v4 environment. you either get flanked by 3th team or get zerged by both teams.

i'd love to see a true mmr system only avaliable for 4v4 or 6v6 cp-no cp. the rest should be mmr free.

Yeah, I feel like they should hire a Dev from a moba or class based shooter to design a good small scale system like this. Zos seems a bit incapable of thinking in terms of small scale, competitive systems.

A solid 6v6 mode with premade vs premade functionality and a competitive scoring system would provide far more playability than a few new maps a year with the current system.