The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fix half-casts

Ruckly
Ruckly
✭✭✭✭
It's dumb when you cloak and are dropping a dawnbreaker with all the cloak buffs that go with dropping a dawnbreaker from cloak and that dawnbreaker drops halfway then stops and you decloak without dawnbreaker having dropped and you hit it again and maybe get it off without the cloak buffs. Those critical skills you need to get off at critical moments half-casting is dumb. What good is a well timed half-cast? Woe to the sorc whose negate didn't go off and his group got wiped by proxy dets.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it is unmorphed I don't think you can block cancel it iirc
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to block cancel dawnbreaker. It fails to cast half-way through the animation. So if I am cloaked and I am dawnbreaking a group the skill fails to cast halfway through the cast. So my 30k+ dmg and whatever bonuses I get from dropping it from cloak don't apply. Then I decloak with dawnbreaker failing to cast. 15 not stunned people standing infront of me. I want dawnbreaker to cast but it fails.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half-casts seem a very big problem fighting EP on the weekend as DC. When I play my AD toon on weekdays my one dawnbreaker half-casted and I was disappointed because I want everything to land when I am fighting DC for reasons. I fight EP on weekends and even if it is only a group of 20 a skill will half cast over and over and siege will be busy 4 times in a row before it fires. Are EP some kind of lag lepers that bring woe wherever they go? It has improved the lag with AD hitting EP pivot keep(BRK) more often and lag seems more dispersed. But what is it with EP and lag. On top of that my hard-drive has been smoked 4 times to the point where ESO won't close and I have to do a hard restart to the detriment of my hard-drive when I am up in EP territory. Hard-drives are expensive what are these EP lunatics doing?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, i get buggy ultimates not firing...

...but blaming them on one alliance and same with a hard drive problem is a stretch!

I mean hey if it's PC suspect stuff may be going on, who knows there but seems far fetched!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shut a driver off and the hard-drive problems go away. Instead I get something like barlock instead of hard-drive failure. The first time though it went off in ESO; then it metastasized into everything else almost to the point of total failure and not starting my PC. After some defib I got something functional again but all 4 times in EP territory and all 4 times the only 4 times I can recall. It might be a coincidence I really doubt that though. I don't blame the alliance I blame the bad guy. Nevermind driver did nothing 2 more locks :( .
    Edited by Ruckly on March 24, 2019 12:47AM
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    It's dumb when you cloak and are dropping a dawnbreaker with all the cloak buffs that go with dropping a dawnbreaker from cloak and that dawnbreaker drops halfway then stops and you decloak without dawnbreaker having dropped and you hit it again and maybe get it off without the cloak buffs. Those critical skills you need to get off at critical moments half-casting is dumb. What good is a well timed half-cast? Woe to the sorc whose negate didn't go off and his group got wiped by proxy dets.

Are you referring to casting dawnbreaker, your character raises it's hand, yells and then absolutely nothing happens (other than your ulti number dropping to zero), as if your dawnbreaker just got eaten by the tree standing next to you? Cause if so this has to be the most annoying bug to deal with. Losing your ulti while fighting outnumbered is not cool.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."