The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LET US SEE OUR MMR

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
we dont have a way to look it up as far as i know
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yours is pretty small.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a grower not a shower
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a visible rating and be able to see that of others in the same battleground. Show premades and randoms. More information is good.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is bigger than yours

But i agree we should see it
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I sleep at night is by telling myself that size doesn’t matter.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played Heros of the Storm few years ago and there's something fanmade called Hotslogs (https://www.hotslogs.com/Default). All you had to do is to upload your replay's with a small application and the homepage collects the data to create statistics and a MMR.

Well I'm not experienced with making addon's but it seems very similar to addon's collecting datas like haverst, master merchant, arkadius trading,... All we need is someone who can do this. :)
    PC EU - DC only
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of CP being visible in no-CP BGs and make MMR visible instead.

Sounds good to me.
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭
    There is no MMR in this game, literally play any game with a competitive mode/scene and you'll realize ESO doesn't have a MMR system.

If ESO had any sort of MMR system you'd see certain people have lengthy queue times and or you would have a matches where everyone was ether pretty damn good or pretty bad. Instead you have one pretty decent team vs one or two meh teams.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t that backfire on you?

If everyone could see your Battlegrounds MMR (if you’re good)- then all the crappy players would flock to you for a carry in matchmaking.

You’d start to lose more and more BGs because of leeches. Thus lowering your MMR.

Unless, of course, you only run in premade BG groups... then it wouldn’t matter what your MMR is- it would just be for epeen.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see your own mmr is enough for me
    Wouldn’t that backfire on you?

If everyone could see your Battlegrounds MMR (if you’re good)- then all the crappy players would flock to you for a carry in matchmaking.

You’d start to lose more and more BGs because of leeches. Thus lowering your MMR.

Unless, of course, you only run in premade BG groups... then it wouldn’t matter what your MMR is- it would just be for epeen.

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't get it. How is this technically possible in ESO?
    PC EU - DC only
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s all gather ‘round and whip out our MMRs to see whose is bigger.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Let’s all gather ‘round and whip out our MMRs to see whose is bigger.

You didn't notice the room go dark? That's my MMR blocking the light.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the MM system.

Below 50
    Normal
    Grouped (always ends up in normal anyway)
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 23, 2019 4:16PM
    PC EU
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldar_Ftw wrote: »
    There is no MMR in this game, literally play any game with a competitive mode/scene and you'll realize ESO doesn't have a MMR system.

If ESO had any sort of MMR system you'd see certain people have lengthy queue times and or you would have a matches where everyone was ether pretty damn good or pretty bad. Instead you have one pretty decent team vs one or two meh teams.

Certain people DO have lengthy queue times, though... and you’re describing premades vs randoms there. Strong premade groups at higher MMR tiers will almost always make good solo queued players look like amateurs. Also, ESO’s MMR system appears to be based on total medals earned. A bad player could spam BGs all day every day and end up in a high MMR tier against good players.

So yeah, ESO does actually have an MMR system; it’s just not based on skill, necessarily.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Certain people DO have lengthy queue times, though... and you’re describing premades vs randoms there. Strong premade groups at higher MMR tiers will almost always make good solo queued players look like amateurs. Also, ESO’s MMR system appears to be based on total medals earned. A bad player could spam BGs all day every day and end up in a high MMR tier against good players.

So yeah, ESO does actually have an MMR system; it’s just not based on skill, necessarily.

Yeah, it's simply not a good system. When I queue with a certain friend and there are no other ppl with the same MMR then queue usually pops after exactly 15 mins and puts us into a lobby with absolute potatoes, they are like PvE mobs ready to get farmed. So a) there are not enough people queuing for BGs and b) the MM system is poorly designed.

Solution to a) is to add better long term rewards and b) is to overhaul the system and add 2 queues (which will only work if we get more ppl to play BGs, so a) must be done as well).
  • MannKurt
    MannKurt
    ✭✭
    Let us break free first plx tyvm
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumps, Measles, Rubella. Yes, please, share that. :smile:

More seriously, I would rather that ZOS keep that little nugget of data to themselves. I have no need to know it. Depressing. I certainly don't want y'all knowing how utterly pathetic mine is, either. ZOS can use it to place me with other pathetic people, if they want, but beyond that, I don't see a need to know.

Other opinions may vary.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Mine is bigger than yours

But i agree we should see it

Hey my MMR is there to only please one person!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skill gaps in the low MMRs can be significant. High MMR matches are definitely different though.

Impossible to get into those low MMR games anymore. I envy you.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Skill gaps in the low MMRs can be significant. High MMR matches are definitely different though.

It must be like creating a new char, make it WW and play in non vet BGs..people don't even heal themselves in low level MMR matches ^^ xD
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It must be like creating a new char, make it WW and play in non vet BGs..people don't even heal themselves in low level MMR matches ^^ xD

These must be the same people who do not heal themselves in random normals :D
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would play BG’s but it seems pointless to go up against pre-mades as a solo player.

But the more important point is that the entirety of pvp in ESO is rewarding for “how long you are logged on & playing” regardless of skill.
    At some point in the last decade did competition/wining& losing get shoved out of society?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had too take a break from one of my chars form bgsa, to let it get back down to a normal size.

But anyhow would be nice to know where it stands on all my chars.