The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frostvault Question

AlboMalefica
AlboMalefica
✭✭✭✭
Hello one and all!
I have been looking to see if I can find an answer to this burning question I have about the new Frostvault Dungeon, the subterranean dwemer area underneath Skyrim........why no Falmer? My understanding of the Falmer is that they have really made their presence known only recently in elder scrolls history, as around the actual Skyrim game. But they were always there and encounters obviously happened throughout history. I always said to myself that the dwemer delves we had in the base game of Eastmarch & The Rift didn’t go deep enough for us to encounter the Falmer during this time period, made sense to me.
Seems to me they missed an opportunity to introduce them for this dungeon, they used reiklings instead 😢
Was this explained by any of the lovely ZoS peeps as to why no Falmer here or are they saving them for the rest of the Skyrim map do you think?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The enemies in Frostvault were Goblins though, weren't they?

But I don't think ZOS would design, create, and implement an entire new set of Mobs just for one Dungeon, especially since they wouldn't be used again in the upcoming Elsweyr chapter. The excuse that Frostvault doesn't go deep enough to reach their dwellings is good enough.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing we’ll see them when they finally do a Skyrim expansion which I assume they’ll release in 2021 to celebrate Skyrim’s 10th anniversary.
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in TES: Skyrim, the Falmer weren't seen in every Dwemer dungeon, and Frostvault doesn't connect to Blackreach so the Falmer wouldn't be able to get there via Blackreach. The fact that we haven't seen any Falmer at all yet in ESO leads me to suspect that they will form part of a major update at some point in the future (perhaps next time we get a Skyrim map).

EDIT: Just double-checked the span of Blackreach on the overland Skyrim map, and as I suspected, the area that Blackreach covers doesn't cross any of the areas we have yet in ESO. From my own research on Dwemeris, I think the Falmer most likely originated in Irkngthand, which is in the Pale. If they spread mostly to the West from there, that would coincide with the Blackreach and the Ruins in that region.
    Edited by Vicarra on April 3, 2019 7:20PM
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms