Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please have an in-game Events/Twitch dates calendar?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I am struggling to keep up with all the twitch dates and also having to google event dates for in-game events. I have missed out on twitch dates because they are on the load in page but I don't always remember to read the news on there. I would love to have something similar to the rewards tab in-game where the rewards for the day flash to let you know you can claim it. But in this case it would be a calendar and it would have special eso dates such as jester festival dates and twitch dates for zos events such as the Elsweyr announcement.

It's hard enough being an Aussie and missing out on live events and prizes and contests not to mention having to put up with not having oceanic servers. I accept all that as challenges I have to live with but to also have to convert dates and times for twitch events to EDT times constantly ( now your twitch events seem to be on at 1 am in the morning for us Aussies). I ask that we please at least get an in-game calendar where perhaps we can type in our converted times below your official dates. It would make life easier I mean this is a game right? At the moment I feel like I'm having to manage dates as if it's a job. See you guys just look up the dates and off you go but we have to now consider your daylight savings and we are always a day ahead which can also add to the confusion of getting the times right. It wouldn't be so bad if official twitch dates and times were given with ample time to figure all this out but like I said they are on a load in page with other news and sometimes I just miss these things or I look at the store items as they catch my eye but I forget to check at event dates. I think an in-game calendar would help all players.

I get it, we are not in your country so we are visitors and we are grateful that you share this amazing game with us but we do pay for the privilege and it would be awfully kind of you to consider us as paying customers thank you Zenimax for your time (excuse the slight sarcasm but it's how I honestly feel)
Edited by wishlist14 on March 24, 2019 10:47PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an in game one is going to be too much time investment for too little reward, maybe as part of a future guild update if they add guild event calendars they could have an option to tick on ZOS events.

I do think ZOS could stand to gain from having a calendar page listing everything happening for the game, something we can all bookmark and check up on daily for information.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the Twitch events are unkown to Zos. Zos really only knows their own events which are not very often, and sometime have been subject to change.

Most of the Twitch events are player driven. While Zos officially endorses them, I do not think Zos keeps track of their schedules which also may be subject to change.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Most of the Twitch events are unkown to Zos. Zos really only knows their own events which are not very often, and sometime have been subject to change.

Most of the Twitch events are player driven. While Zos officially endorses them, I do not think Zos keeps track of their schedules which also may be subject to change.

Good point. It's just difficult for me to keep up with all these dates thank you for your comment.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think an in game one is going to be too much time investment for too little reward, maybe as part of a future guild update if they add guild event calendars they could have an option to tick on ZOS events.

I do think ZOS could stand to gain from having a calendar page listing everything happening for the game, something we can all bookmark and check up on daily for information.
    Turelus wrote: »

Thank you for your comments much appreciated
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS even knows what they're doing until last minute most times. To have an events calendar would be far too much of a commitment. When I played Star Trek Online, they had a great events calendar showcasing upcoming events and sales. I do miss that part of the game quite a bit.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS even knows what they're doing until last minute most times. To have an events calendar would be far too much of a commitment. When I played Star Trek Online, they had a great events calendar showcasing upcoming events and sales. I do miss that part of the game quite a bit.

Yes I'm seeing how it would be a big committment but it's also work for a player to be expected to keep up with all these dates...does my head in to be fair. Thank you for your comment i appreciate all the feedback I'm getting 😊
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been maintaining an ESO Calendar for a while now. You might find useful
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

There are 8 different timezones available and if you have a google account, you can copy them to your calendar. I have heard the calendars also work with Alexa and Google Home.

Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some experimenting with a "streamer calendar" on my site with the help of @Ninja614 and IcyIC. A shared calendar was too problematic because it could be abused where streamers could modify other streamers events. The easiest solution was to have a master calendar and overlay each of the streamers calendars on it. However, I'm not sure how many calendars could safely be combined. I would guess that a google calendar could safely overlay all of the official ESO stream teams calendars.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did some experimenting with a "streamer calendar" on my site with the help of @Ninja614 and IcyIC. A shared calendar was too problematic because it could be abused where streamers could modify other streamers events. The easiest solution was to have a master calendar and overlay each of the streamers calendars on it. However, I'm not sure how many calendars could safely be combined. I would guess that a google calendar could safely overlay all of the official ESO stream teams calendars.

Thank you for your very insightful reply.😊😊😊