The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unlink and Relink ESO account to Steam

JKith
JKith
✭✭✭
I purchased a separate Steam ESO (Morrowind) a while back when there were glitches on the launcher, but when I set it up, I created a new account. I only have a couple hours of gameplay on this new account and want to link my REAL ESO account to the Steam account so that I can do Home-Steaming.

How do I go about UNLINKING the default account on Steam and RELINK my real account (with years worth of gameplay)??
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can contact customer support who can look into this request.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    HELP!! I contacted support but they said

"Currently we are unable to unlink Bethesda accounts from PS4, Steam and Xbox due to security concerns."

Ridiculous! What am I supposed to do? If I could purchase another ESO I would but Steam won't allow multiple copies of the same thing in your library.

@ZOS_BillE Why can't you unlink my account on Steam that LITERALLY has only one character at level 5 with only a couple hours of gameplay? While my other ESO PLUS subscription account has YEARS of gameplay?

• JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Just so anyone who is in a similar situation knows.

ZOS refuses to reset, or unlink Steam accounts, simply completely refuses to do it saying it's for "Security".

Steam is unable to even access it, so they aren't any help.

The ONLY solution is to create a brand new Steam account and purchase ESO again, so that's what i'm going to do.

I seriously wish you could "reset" your Steam account but they won't allow you to do it.

All the best.
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    OK I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

This is laughably easy solution and workaround.

On Steam, Add a new "Non-Steam" game.

Then when adding the "non-steam" game, add the Bethesda Launcher from within the SteamApps folder.

When you launch the game from Steam it will launch the Non-Steam launcher and then you can login with any account.

I can't believe I couldn't find this solution anywhere lol....

Easy Peasy.....