The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chrysamere can't dye :(

Nox_Noir
Nox_Noir
✭✭✭✭
xkfm8EH.jpg

Another dye related disappointment.
I really like the design of this sword because it's one of the few that actually looks somewhat realistic to an actual medieval greatsword, even tho for 1200 crowns it's quite ridiculously overpriced, but oh boy, the disappointment when I realized it can't even be dyed in the outfit station.... -.-
I get that it's a "replica" of a legendary daedric artifact, but come on, who even cares, why not let us decide if we wanna stay lore-friendly or not. I'd much prefer to be able to dye it to match my character.

So, buyers beware. And ZOS, please stop disappointing us with undyeable stuff :(
Edited by Nox_Noir on March 22, 2019 8:27PM
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks for keeping me from buying this stinker. I don't get it, why don't they let us dye it? With some proper colours on it, it'd look pretty good.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VanLo83 wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for keeping me from buying this stinker. I don't get it, why don't they let us dye it? With some proper colours on it, it'd look pretty good.

Because it's a replica weapon taken from TES lore.

The Paladin's Blade is not just another sword, but instead a unique blade with a distinct appearance.

Anyone who wants to dye it needs to read up on UESP IMHO.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The Paladin's Blade is not just another sword, but instead a unique blade with a distinct appearance.

Anyone who is against weapon dyeing didn’t read that this item is a Replica, not the original :)
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭

It DOES go perfectly with the Emperor's Regalia, though...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Anyone who is against weapon dyeing didn’t read that this item is a Replica, not the original :)

True... But then as a model maker I would argue that it is precisely because it is a replica that you should not be able to paint it pink.

Replica: An exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

That comes from the Oxford dictionary.

Exact copy includes colours.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

True... But then as a model maker I would argue that it is precisely because it is a replica that you should not be able to paint it pink.

Replica: An exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale.

I think we can all be smart enough to know that “think of the pinkpocolypse!” is a crackpot theory that never came to be despite all the nonsense around weapon dyeing before the outfit system

A teeny tiny minority would make the blade pink, and who gives a crap if they do? It’s no stranger than everyone and their mom having the exact same weapon in the exact same colors and in the exact same style

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think we can all be smart enough to know that “think of the pinkpocolypse!” is a crackpot theory that never came to be despite all the nonsense around weapon dyeing before the outfit system

A teeny tiny minority would make the blade pink, and who gives a crap if they do? It’s no stranger than everyone and their mom having the exact same weapon in the exact same colors and in the exact same style

Pink is an exaggeration, you're quite right.

But let me be clear. I'm firmly in the camp that it should be 100% identical to the true weapon. No exceptions, no special cases.

That means golden hilt, red gem, and steel blade.

I'm glad that ZOS has taken the decision that they have regarding the replicas.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But let me be clear. I'm firmly in the camp that it should be 100% identical to the true weapon. No exceptions, no special cases.

It’s gonna do them a major disservice because people are way less likely to buy things they’re unable to customize.

Your stance is ridiculous and serves no purpose
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭
    At least they should mention that in the description that you can't dye the weapon.
  • Phiathornsyldol
    Phiathornsyldol
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please post a screenshot of a character holding this sword? I can't really see how big it is in a Crown Store preview.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It’s gonna do them a major disservice because people are way less likely to buy things they’re unable to customize.

Well, like they say...

Life isn't fair.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, like they say...

Life isn't fair.

?

What relevance does that quote even have?

I didn’t and won’t be spending any money on these styles if they don’t function like other outfit styles. The model is bland and doesn’t have any “special weapon” feel so I don’t even feel like I’ve missed out on saving my money

ZOS is the one who’s losing out because they’re losing sale swith this decision