The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Move Mac files to another Mac?

Jagex
Jagex
So, I loaded up all of the ESO files onto an external hard drive and transferred them onto another iMac. However, whenever I open the launcher, it starts to re-download all of the files and puts them in a new folder inside of depot called "patchdata.depot".

Why is it not reading the game files?
Edited by Jagex on April 9, 2014 11:11PM
  • jsmirnoff77b14_ESO
    Good question. I am trying to move the game from an external drive to an internal SSD drive and it does the same.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jagex wrote: »
    So, I loaded up all of the ESO files onto an external hard drive and transferred them onto another iMac. However, whenever I open the launcher, it starts to re-download all of the files and puts them in a new folder inside of depot called "patchdata.depot".

Why is it not reading the game files?
    Most probably because it saves computer and install details within the installed folder and since it's another Mac it will default to a new Install. Same for copying the install folder and trying to change if the toe other Megaserver (i.e.NA > EU)

First thing is to delete any Launcher you copied over and download it again so it creates the correct folders structure (Zenimax Online in Applications) and work from there.

Also I strongly advice you backup the Install folder or keep the copy on the drive you use to move it because there is a chance when cancelling the install it can wipe the entire folder (not to Trash but completely)

What you want to do is let it create that temporary folder structure i.e. patchdata.depot and when it actually starts to download Cancel the install (Options top right cog icon). Then you should have the option to Repair from the Game Options drop down menu on the right hand main window. Let it run the Repair to verify installed files. It will probably use or make those temp. file again which is normal (how it checks the files)

Normally it will verify each part of the install so depot first which is around 22GB, etc. Let it run through the process and it may download small updates for configuration files etc. Hopefully at the end it will Complete and work.

just ensure that the patchdata.depot and other temp folders are removed as they should normally be or you end up with a very big folder!

Sometimes it does this even with an installed game which is updated. Just some issues with the Launcher currently.

If the Repair is not available then go into Settings there and unclick Auto Updates. Check again to see if Repair is available. quit and launch again may be needed. The key is getting it to Repair and verify the contents.

Be aware that moving between partitions you may need to make changes in order to get the settings live folder (liveeu for EU) folder installed in the correct directory to save settings etc. See other threads for that if the case.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 9, 2014 11:51PM