The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we have more variety in Music Boxes

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Been months now and we still only have a single measly Music Box to choose from.

I'm willing to spend crowns on a tune for my house. But I'd like a greater selection to choose from. Why not just copy paste the Music Box code but swap in different sound files? In my opinion every in-game theme should be available for purchase. Why cripple your sales on what could be such a popular feature by offering such a pitiful selection?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three music boxes were fairly recently found in a data-mine...
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three music boxes were fairly recently found in a data-mine...

I don't get why they just don't release dozens of them. It's not as if it's difficult to make new Music Boxes that play a different song.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have the Heart of Nirn music in my home, hopefully they'll release that at some point.
    Ps4 EU
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this idea.
    Perhaps maybe even better would be an npc bard with a drop down list of instrumental music and/or vocals.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could we have a Dream Theater or Alter Bridge or even a Metallica music box?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temple of Veeshan or Kelethin music box please...

Oh wait wrong game.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a box that plays “Red Diamond” with an imperial themed decoration just like the 3 faction ones that were data mined
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have preferred an NPC bard that was an assistant, so it could go in all of my homes and play/sing a variety of music.

But instead, we got music boxes, which play only one tune and are not collectibles, for 800 crowns a pop. No thanks. The in-game music is just fine for me.

I understand that others have more money than me, or are willing to pay such prices, so ZOS will certainly make money from these, but not from me.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I would have preferred an NPC bard that was an assistant, so it could go in all of my homes and play/sing a variety of music.

But instead, we got music boxes, which play only one tune and are not collectibles, for 800 crowns a pop. No thanks. The in-game music is just fine for me.

I understand that others have more money than me, or are willing to pay such prices, so ZOS will certainly make money from these, but not from me.

I'd like to see something like an old Victrola where I can select from a list of songs. To feed it the sources could come from the Crown Store (unique), drops in instanced content or treasure chests (rare) and crafting (common).
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! More music boxes. I love my Blood and Glory one and would definitely spend crowns on more! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little functionality tweak would be nice too. It would be nice to have it play through its tune ONCE then stop automatically... OR play continuously.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I am very much looking forward to more music boxes - possible ones you can customise to some extent!
    Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player