Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eso frame rate on xbox

OgreShlong
Can something actually be done about the disgusting frame rate that occurs every time theres absolutely anything happening on screen? Its been years and it still hurts to even look at a seige battle or a large group of adds in a trial.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrade to an Xbox One X, or move to PC. The game's been built, there's not much they can do to it now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are some standard troubleshooting steps in the link below that can help improve your performance while playing.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. Attack animations and sounds happen after the attack itself is over. Very difficult to get any kind of battle flow going.

Meanwhile, the much maligned FO76 is running smooth as silk for me, so it can’t be on my end.

I’ll try the reinstall later as a last resort, but I suspect it’s just overloaded servers with the festival.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a xbox one x, kiddo. Problem solved
    Edited by ThanatosXR on April 18, 2019 3:09PM
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    Same problem here. Attack animations and sounds happen after the attack itself is over. Very difficult to get any kind of battle flow going.

Meanwhile, the much maligned FO76 is running smooth as silk for me, so it can’t be on my end.

I’ll try the reinstall later as a last resort, but I suspect it’s just overloaded servers with the festival.
    How would deleting the game and reinstall fix your issue, if it vivc its just laggy mess, its not the game data if it was the game wouldnt even start plus you clear cashe by holding the front button down.
    Its werid logic thinking the game data is the issue.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Upgrade to an Xbox One X, or move to PC. The game's been built, there's not much they can do to it now.

Around late last year I still played with Xbox One and started getting crashes all the time, I crashed everywhere quite soon after logging in, almost every battlegrounds match crashed after 10-30 seconds rewarding me with deserter penalty also. I thought it's all over, but then I got new Xbox X version and that worked very well, loading screens in games in general seem faster overall, in ESO i get extremely rarely crashes, but there are still the same issues, but just less. Basically Xbox X nerfs the annoying issues. I have still the same connection so it's because of the different console versions. In Cyrodiil while soloing not much long loading screens appear, but the larger the group is, more likely the long load screens appear no matter the Xbox version.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Around late last year I still played with Xbox One and started getting crashes all the time, I crashed everywhere quite soon after logging in, almost every battlegrounds match crashed after 10-30 seconds rewarding me with deserter penalty also. I thought it's all over, but then I got new Xbox X version and that worked very well, loading screens in games in general seem faster overall, in ESO i get extremely rarely crashes, but there are still the same issues, but just less. Basically Xbox X nerfs the annoying issues. I have still the same connection so it's because of the different console versions. In Cyrodiil while soloing not much long loading screens appear, but the larger the group is, more likely the long load screens appear no matter the Xbox version.

Changing your connection to IPv6 (no nat) and your dns to a better custom one gets rid of most of the network based issues, world pvp will lag no matter what due to the laws of physics, cant move tht much data efficiently around to people who lives thousands of miles apart. You'll still get hard drive lag due to the games complex data structure running on the internal 5400rpm drive lol MS didn't even upgrade it to 7200 at least.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-KY/xbox-one/networking/ipv6-on-xbox-one
    I use cloudflare DNS and IPv6, got rid of any local network issues
    Edited by ThanatosXR on May 2, 2019 2:22AM