Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shalk Exoskeleton body pieces in PVP

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Saw another thread talking about a heavy armor magblade build, which triggered a question I have had about the viability of this set for PVP:

(2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
(5 items) Gain Minor Heroism at all times while you are in combat, generating 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

Nice health for survivability, spell damage, spell crit, and ultimate generation feeds into a magblade. Heavy impen is great for tankiness, but I heavy armor + magic isn't great for damage. Was looking at it primarily from a 5 body piece angle as there are much better 5 piece jewelry/armor sets out there. Could this be paired with something for PVP that would make it worthwhile? Or is this a meme set?
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not try it out. You can always wear jewelry/wpns
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not try it out. You can always wear jewelry/wpns

Definitely will. Just scooped up a bunch while leveling Fighters Guild in Stonefalls and wondered if anyone had any success/failure with it
  • armeegrun
    armeegrun
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of trying that out on a MAG DK at some point.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could try it. Usually the problem with magblade is lack of self healing forcing players to rely on cloak for mitigation. I don’t know if a melee heavy armour magblade will work. Magblades have 0 non-reflectable self heals unless you use a resto staff.

The other issue will be sustain. Most magblade abilities cost a lot, and heavy armour will kill your sustain and penetration.

The other thing is which ultimate would you use? Soul tether is weak, soul siphon is good. The tanking ones aren’t very effective in pvp. If you use the assassination one you’ll have to go in melee range.

The soul magic one might be the best use of your ultimate. Typically I went with undo for survivability so faster ultimate gain might not be useful. As a magblade I tended to hold my ultimate for the right time rather than spam it like in pve, so faster gain is good but you could end up not using the extra ultimate you get, which would make the 5 piece bonus a waste.

I think you’ll need to go 5 light but am not sure. Don’t be surprised if your magblade in 5 heavy ends up squishier then other classes in light armour. That’s been my experience with NBs in general, you’re forced into a glass canon style with cloak.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 22, 2019 7:10PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm on magblade, my problem is almost never that I don't have an ult when I want one.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a shot. If nothing else at least when you're stuck in combat you'll be building ult. :trollface:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set is causes the bug pretty reliably.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    This set can often leave a wearer “stuck in combat” due to the ulty gain. The best work around was to only have it active on 1 bar.
    Edited by TheFamousMockingbird on March 22, 2019 8:54PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve seen a magsorc use it in a soul assault spam build, haven’t heard of much usage outside of that.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone. Appreciate the feedback
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Im actually considering a heal build with it for mag sorc matriach.
    Maybe run bloodspawn monster and either BTB or necro (no cp build) for the other set.
    Could be a variation to run lich front bar and BRP resto back bar also.
    Resto and negate ultis.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can equip jewelry and weapons to avoid wearing a lot of heavy armor if that is not what you want.