Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sources of Skill Points

johnnyvonrotten
johnnyvonrotten
Soul Shriven
I've heard that, over the course of the game, you can achieve hundreds of different skill points.

I'm a bit unclear as to how that would be done, so maybe a little help?

Because, aside from the 50 you get from leveling, there are three skyshards per area, and... then what?

What other sources are there?
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get skill points from : Leveling, every 3 Skyshards you find and some quests. I believe rescuing Lyris from Coldharbour nets you a point, as does taking down Doshia of the Fighter's Guild quest line and, I believe, zone story lines like exposing the Veiled Queen in Auridon.

Essentially, engaging in the main stories, exploring and gaining power ( leveling ).
    Edited by Azzuria on April 7, 2014 9:55PM
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    1) Some quests will give you a point for completing them.

2) Group dungeons (like The Banished Cells or Elden Hollow) will give you a point the first time you finish it.

3) Zones such as Cyrodiil have somewhere around 45 Skyshards to get, thats 15 points right there.

This is all I'm aware of atm, I probably am missing a bunch too.
    Edited by Spidermonk on April 7, 2014 9:45PM
  • johnnyvonrotten
    johnnyvonrotten
    Soul Shriven
    The game has a system for letting you know how many skyshared you got/are remaining in a specific zone, correct?
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    there are actually a lot of quests that give skill points, from Glenumbra alone I got like 5 or 6 skill points from quests. mostly the longer chains.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tons of ways:
    -Skyshards: Generally 16 per zone.
    -Main zone-quests: You can telll which are the "main" ones by looking at the achievements, all of the ones that give a skill point also give an achievement. (Youll also always be lead to these quests if you follow along the main line - which starts at your main hub city from the begining og the game - tho you can skip ahead, next parts just start in the next "major" city. Most zones only have 1 (the last ques in a very long chain), but a few have 2-3.
    -Fighters and Mage guild line.
    - Main story quests: You'll get one automatically every 5 levels.
    - Group dungeon quests: These auto share when someone picks it up, so hard to miss, tho you can still mess up the progression of them, so read carefully.
    - "Major" Public dungeons optional "Group challenge" - auto skill point on completion. (a few are bugged atm). Also grant achievements, so thats 1 way to find these - there is only 1 public dungeon per one that has these.
    - Alliance pvp: Doing pretty much anything in pvp will net you lots of skill points. Believe every rank you gain, every X kills, every major achievement (capture a keep, etc)
    - A few other ways. Most are tied to achievements.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    I just made level 11 are the shards in Cyradil hard to get to ? I really need more skill points, but I am not really good at pvp in most games I play.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    The game has a system for letting you know how many skyshared you got/are remaining in a specific zone, correct?

Look in your journal, they are listed there.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Phranq wrote: »
    I just made level 11 are the shards in Cyradil hard to get to ? I really need more skill points, but I am not really good at pvp in most games I play.

Can be, depending on how active the campaign you are in is. Generally, you should also fine every single skyshard in the zones you have played in so far. Every single one. There are guides on the internet if you want help finding them.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    In your journal, achievements tab, skyshards section.

They even give you hints to find the ones you're missing.
    Edited by Seraseth on April 8, 2014 1:17AM
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen an actual LIST of all the "Skill Point" quests? Meaning - A definitive list of all those that provide a single skill point upon completion.

NOT... I repeat for clarity NOT a list of Skyshard locations/dungeons. (Yes I know that group dungeons provide a skill point if completed the first time)