The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ground based aoe (endless hail) automatically activating

GlorphNoldorin
GlorphNoldorin
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else see this?
I swap bars to my bow bar and endless hail automatically activates despite not touching the weapon key (number 1 in this case). I have weapon swap bound to middle mouse button and have activated quick cast ground abilities. It seems to not be a problem when quick cast is deactivated but that is more of a problem having to double casting aoe on poor latency.

Its annoying as it can get you killed just by swapping bars in places like round 7 vma handlers.

its been around a long time for me
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Will it attempt to cast any ability in that slot when you swap weapons or is it only Endless Hail ? (test with a buff or some other untargeted attack)
    If it does you might want to double check key bindings to make sure something isn't double bound. Both in-game and on any mouse/keyboard software you might use.

Also, are you using the ~ to swap weapons or some other keybind? You might see if using a different key still does it. It is possible your keyboard ~ and 1 (being right next to eachother) are somehow both being activated.
    Edited by Wavek on March 21, 2019 10:26PM
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated I am using middle mouse button for my bar swap, so there is no chance of mistakenly hitting a weapon key.
    I will try moving hail to another key bind.

The quick cast does not activate on every weapon swap but it is frequent enough to be annoying.