Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Indrik not wanting to stay level with the Terrain.

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
At first I thought I was going crazy, but after comparing it with other mounts I realized the Indrik isn't level with the terrain. Its also going all over the place as you travel like its on top of a small ship sailing through the water. ITs the only mount I know that does this and its quite odd.

v3rmucvx4plh.jpg
ln5p65ag3orm.jpg
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not seeing this on my end at all. Try logging off/in or so.
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. It happens when the leg kinematics is turned off and it doesen't resolve via relog.
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it multiple times and it's weird as all get out. Seen people riding on their indriks with the front hooves off the ground and also with the front hooves recessed into the landscape so they almost look like the mounts are running on their front knees.
  • Gray_Raven
    Gray_Raven
    ✭✭
    Yes indeed. It's almost like they took the horse skeleton and threw the new indrik meshes/textures over it... :*uuukxb1h9w25.jpg6ms3122y0mos.jpg

Edited by Gray_Raven on December 15, 2018 10:00PM
  • BrambleBee
    BrambleBee
    Soul Shriven
    It's doing the same thing for me :c i was really excited to get my Indrik mount, but unless it decides to stay level with the ground, it's just a little too off-putting to use it ;o;
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this, happening everywhere!
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I finally got my own indrik and I can't even bring myself to ride it. It rides just as badly as it looks like it rides.. Not only with the front hooves sporadically being too far up or too far recessed into the ground, but also it cants weirdly from side to side. It almost feels like you are riding in a boat. It's not a fun mount to use unfortunately :( I really hope there is a patch in the near future to fix these issues. Such a shame, because the art and the summoning animation are gorgeous, but the ride itself is abysmal. If they fixed it so it rides and moves like the elks do, it'd be perfect..
    Edited by THEMourningLily on December 16, 2018 7:26PM
  • SparCode
    SparCode
    Soul Shriven
    Just here to give this a +1, having the exact same issues with the Indrik mount and it is unbelievably weird seeing others doing it left and right too. While running with its posterior sliding across the ground - or in the air for that matter - is hilarious, I sincerely doubt that was the intention with this mount. It's funky and jarring and, even when running "level" with the ground, frequently flaps back and forth like a Denny's menu in a strong breeze.

Please forgive the quality, I run ESO on a potato.

2f44c2df5bd118584b597c611429851b.png
    eab0a7fb60d4e9b797ba3da47a40d613.png

But please please give this a tweak and work out these issues, it's a gorgeous mount and while these issues aren't by any means game-breaking they tarnish the beauty of this mount. Thank you!
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention with the amount of indriks around now....
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was another mount this year that did that as well and they fixed it. I'm actually not seeing that issue on the Indrik so far. I do have inverse kinematics enabled but not sure if that is related.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    I think there was another mount this year that did that as well and they fixed it. I'm actually not seeing that issue on the Indrik so far. I do have inverse kinematics enabled but not sure if that is related.

I remember seeing lots of posts of the different kagouti mounts doing this on stairs until it was recently looked into.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZK8przO.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5hdwtl20u5lo.png
    r5ncm4z8ubrf.png
    🌟PC/NA CP2000+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Well, the intention is certainly for their feet to touch the ground. We're working on getting this fixed, thanks all.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the response Gina, and yes I came here specifically to report this very same issue also. The side to side wobbling is very jarring for me. It's harder to notice the front to back wobble wobble because I'm looking at my character's back, but there is definitely a lot of bob there too.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the intention is certainly for their feet to touch the ground. We're working on getting this fixed, thanks all.

Although, just thinking on this a bit, it might be cooler if all four hooves were always a couple inches above the ground. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BrambleBee
    BrambleBee
    Soul Shriven

Although, just thinking on this a bit, it might be cooler if all four hooves were always a couple inches above the ground. :smile:

it'd be kind of cool if the indrik was all magical and float-y LOL but the wonky way it either tilts forward, or back, or wobbles side-to-side is just very off-putting :'D hopefully they get it fixed soon <3
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lordrichter , @BrambleBee , in that case, should remove hoof sounds and make Indrik move like a streaking sorcerer. ^^

By the way, I'm not sure if it's just a feeling, but... I've compared Indrik and my everyday senche, and it felt to me that, when sprinting and making a jump, Indrik slows down for a second or so after the jump and only then goes into full sprint, while senche continues with full speed instantly after the jump. Anyone's been noticing that?
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other way around - that's a peculiarity of the cat mounts. After a jump or a drop or something like that, they continue running while others (can't speak for all mounts like bears or wolves but it's true for horses, guars, sofa-type mounts, and camels) have that short dip before returning to speed.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Varana , oh - thank you; I somehow didn't get around to compare to others, and I use non-senche mounts so rarely that I never noticed the difference before.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fast forward a few months and even the new indriks have the same bug.
    nfbdkt75496s.jpg
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Fast forward a few months and even the new indriks have the same bug.
    nfbdkt75496s.jpg

Even the normal indrik still has the same bug, although it's less pronounced then it was before it was listed as "fixed" in the patch notes. The community vocally said as much on the forums as soon as it was listed as "fixed" but ZOS wasn't listening.

I upgraded my indrik today and immediately noticed it was hugely lifted from the terrain as well. You'd think when they worked on the lesser indrik, they would have worked on all of them, but that'd take a little common sense and foresight which seems in short supply around here.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading that patch note and logging in only to be disappointed. Not sure what is wrong with this mount that is causing all of this. Shouldn't it be the same as all the other mounts with just a different summon animation?
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I remember reading that patch note and logging in only to be disappointed. Not sure what is wrong with this mount that is causing all of this. Shouldn't it be the same as all the other mounts with just a different summon animation?

If ESO's engine is similar to the Unreal Engine, then the issue is likely caused by all mounts having a spherical collision component that needs to have it's bottom level with the mounts' feet. In the case of Indriks, said sphere's base is a bit lower than their feet, which is why they are always rolling forward or backwards. Correcting it would simply entail raising the sphere up a hair to be even with their feet (super easy if they would just choose to do so).
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    If ESO's engine is similar to the Unreal Engine, then the issue is likely caused by all mounts having a spherical collision component that needs to have it's bottom level with the mounts' feet. In the case of Indriks, said sphere's base is a bit lower than their feet, which is why they are always rolling forward or backwards. Correcting it would simply entail raising the sphere up a hair to be even with their feet (super easy if they would just choose to do so).
    @Ertosi
    Actually, the correct way to fix that is to only use the sphere for the initial rough collision detection and once a collision is detected switch to either an axis aligned bounding box or bounding boxes for individual body parts or even body part polygons for extremely precise placement.

Large bounding spheres are really only any good for rough collision detection ...
    type.gif
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    @Ertosi
    Actually, the correct way to fix that is to only use the sphere for the initial rough collision detection and once a collision is detected switch to either an axis aligned bounding box or bounding boxes for individual body parts or even body part polygons for extremely precise placement.

Large bounding spheres are really only any good for rough collision detection ...
    type.gif

@SirAndy Thank you for your more complicated solution to the issue. While yours would certainly be much more precise, ESO's collision doesn't respond in a manner indicating that level of complexity and simpler solutions are usually the better option.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy Thank you for your more complicated solution to the issue. While yours would certainly be much more precise, ESO's collision doesn't respond in a manner indicating that level of complexity and simpler solutions are usually the better option.

Actually, ESO already has the more complex code to align the feet of your character to the underlying terrain as an optional setting.

There's no reason why that couldn't also be applied to the feet of your mount ...
    shades.gif
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can this be fixed please lol.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Myrkgrav wrote: »
    Can this be fixed please lol.

Yes, we'll get it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514