Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BTB vs Spinners

stamdammered
stamdammered
✭✭
I’m pretty casual and don’t have the time or in game money to test it myself but I’m curious what your opinions are of Bright Throats vs Spinners. Specifically for me I’m referring to pvp magblade and burst damage but interested to hear anything on it.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spinners is a damage set and Bright Throat is a sustain set. Unsure how to compare them. Both are good sets though.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    @Dojohoda Thanks honestly that helps... I’m still relatively new to this type of game and while I love hoping into bgs I rely on previous pvp experience (FPS games and such), understanding skills and stealing YouTube builds. As far as forming my own opinion on builds I’m pretty lost. I figured it was an ignornant question because there is literally no discussion of it anywhere but I‘m trying to pick one vs the other.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run them both!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a very lengthy discussion regarding magblades and some builds at this thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/461499/please-help-magblade/p1

(I really enjoy playing on magblade.)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they pair well together if you can afford running two light magicka sets. They're almost made for each other, though you're missing out on stamina and protection.

But if you had to pick one for pvp, like paired with shacklebreaker, spinner's a bit better, especially in no-CP where you don't have spell erosion as another way to get penetration.
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    @Dojohoda yes I’ve been reading that and the please help magblade posts, they’ve been very helpful but I got a LUCKY brp resto staff my first run of brp so want to take advantage of it. Thinking of innate axiom or Calurion front bar, 5 piece either btb or spinner and brp on back bar. I really enjoy MNB too even if it’s in a bad spot, enjoy a challenge :). I already have BTB so probably stick with it but just keep hearing good things about spinners and it looks very good.
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    @Emma_Overload so much Magicka >:). I’m not against looking at it but I’d have like 6k stam and I like a dodge roll or two!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can run the tri-stat drink (Spring Loaded Infusion) with BTB and put on a mag recovery glyph or two to make up for sustain. With some tried stat enchants you'll easily hit 16k Stam with this setup.
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    @Mudcrabber yes, exactly my thought. I’m running BTB and Shackle right now but I just feel like it’s a boring build tbh lol. I feel like I’m all sustain and missing out on some burst that could help finish off targets. Cloak/gank is probably the best description of my playstule mainly because it feels like the only way magblade can be played.
  • stamdammered
    stamdammered
    ✭✭
    @ccmedaddy thanks, great point. Currently using witchmothers just because it was convenient.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTB with Spinners works great.
    Retrait some of the jewelries to protective if you want extra tankiness.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run them both!

Exactly! This is what I run.

• Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    I run spinners on my mag sorc with either necro or BTB. If I run BTB then i will run the lady mundus instead of atro. Things just melt.