The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A little underwhelmed by the new Featured.

luizhd
luizhd
✭✭✭
It`s always a fun morning when I open the featured tab of the crown store at work and see what`s for sale. I was personally hoping the Thieve`s Guild Motif would go down to 1.500 crowns, following the Assassin one, but I felt quite disappointed when I saw that it was only 2 lootboxe packs.Is there a logic behind what goes for sale? Or is it randomly decided by the dev or sales team?
Edited by luizhd on March 18, 2019 8:15PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are sometimes a few unlisted surprises, but most of the offerings and dates available are published in the monthly Crown Store article.

The Thieves Guild Crafting Motif is on sale in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time during the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, from March 7 to March 11 at 10am EDT.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55821
    signing off
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, buddy, that's because you missed the event. Those items were on sale last week.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    There are sometimes a few unlisted surprises, but most of the offerings and dates available are published in the monthly Crown Store article.

The Thieves Guild Crafting Motif is on sale in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time during the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Celebration Event, from March 7 to March 11 at 10am EDT.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55821

Oh thanks! And that`s a shame. Well, hopefully I`ll go on sale again someday :)
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just purchased the TG motif with gold... You don't even need to have a certain crafting level to read the pages.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    I just purchased the TG motif with gold... You don't even need to have a certain crafting level to read the pages.

Sadly I`m too early in the game to be able to purchase crown items with in-game gold. i`m only lvl 16 hehe.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    luizhd wrote: »

Sadly I`m too early in the game to be able to purchase crown items with in-game gold. i`m only lvl 16 hehe.

You'll get there. Do your dailies, steal as much treasure as possible, and all that jazz.

I only purchased one motif with crowns, and I was drunk at the time...

Fashion Scrolls is endgame. Don't rush it.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@luizhd You can build the style pages from guild vendors as well. After this most recent event most are under 5k gold now, so about 70k for the entire book which is way cheaper than the current 200g:1c rates
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

@luizhd You can build the style pages from guild vendors as well. After this most recent event most are under 5k gold now, so about 70k for the entire book which is way cheaper than the current 200g:1c rates

Oh I didn`t know that. I`m guessing you need to have the thieves DLC to get those pages however.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh I didn`t know that. I`m guessing you need to have the thieves DLC to get those pages however.

Not from guild stores I think. I mean you can buy the motif in Crown Store without having TG DLC so it's safe to assume you can get the motifs from guild stores too. Am I right?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Not from guild stores I think. I mean you can buy the motif in Crown Store without having TG DLC so it's safe to assume you can get the motifs from guild stores too. Am I right?

Correct. You can buy DLC stuff from guild stores (sets, motifs, furniture etc) without owning the actual DLC.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I haven`t figured out how guild stores work yet. ALl I know about guilds is that you can join up to 5 of them. I`ll try and do some research tonight when I get home. Thanks :)
    Edited by luizhd on March 20, 2019 3:45PM
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Guild stores are kind of spread all over the map, most towns and hubs will have anywhere from 1 to 6 traders where you can search what guilds are offering for sale. You should be able to spot them on the map. The only caveat is that you need to join a 'trading' guild to have access to sell at those places.
    PC NA
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    yooqi wrote: »
    Guild stores are kind of spread all over the map, most towns and hubs will have anywhere from 1 to 6 traders where you can search what guilds are offering for sale. You should be able to spot them on the map. The only caveat is that you need to join a 'trading' guild to have access to sell at those places.

What about to buy from them? Do I also need to be in a guild? I`ve seena few Guild Traders in cities, but they never have anything being sold.
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    yooqi wrote: »

What about to buy from them? Do I also need to be in a guild? I`ve seena few Guild Traders in cities, but they never have anything being sold.

You can buy from any. You likely need to go through the criteria and make the UI "search". Though definitely also try bigger cities like Wayrest, Rawlkha, Vivec City etc
    PC NA
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on your DLC/Chapter access, on PC/NA Alinor has a few traders that stock a good deal of motifs, Vivec is always pretty stocked, if expensive. Mournhold is more pricey but usually well stocked across the six traders, Craglorn is a good bet too along with Elden Root. Windhelm is hit or miss on being stocked, but the deals are usually better than the big cities.

If you have access to addons I’d recommend using Tamriel Trade Center and checking on average list prices before you start buying the first things you see. Also an addon worth installing is AwesomeGuildStore, which has been updated for Wrathstone
  • luizhd
    luizhd
    ✭✭✭
    aw it seems like I can`t visit any Morrowind lands :/. I thought the tamriel unlimited version I have had the morrowind expansion, but that doesnt seem to be the case
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this entire year so far has been a disappointment for me. The only worthwhile things I've bought were repeats from two years ago.
    forever stuck in combat
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most mmo have a central repository of goods to sell and you access that repository from all the different lands

this game has repositories that are unique to the lands and are populated by groups of up to 500 people called guilds.

guild trader = 500 person auction house.

Each land has dozens of these traders all representing different guilds. Use them like any other merchant, talk to them and buy things.

If you join one of these guilds, you can then sell with that representative trader as well.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.