The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fire dot breaking cloak

LordTareq
LordTareq
✭✭✭✭✭
I was pvp'ing yesterday in one of the battlegrounds and while fighting a DK (or rather, running for my life) I noticed one of his fire dots kept pulling me out of cloak. Since cloak is supposed to suppress dots, something seems off here. Fair enough, in battlegrounds a lot is going on so technically its possible something else pulled me out of cloak, but the two of us were very isolated and there wasn't another player I could see near. I also wasn't in PBAOE range of the DK but every tick of the dot cloak broke.
Have any other nightblade players noticed this by any chance?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use detect pots, Wall of Elements, Volatile Armour, Deep Breath and sometimes Engulfing Flames. All of these will pull you out of Cloak.

It's almost balanced. I think MagDK is the closest class to a fair fight with a stamblade. Lol, who am I kidding.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 18, 2019 6:14PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use detect pots, Wall of Elements, Volatile Armour, Deep Breath and sometimes Engulfing Flames. All of these will pull you out of Cloak.

It's almost balanced. I think MagDK is the closest class to a fair fight with a stamblade. Lol, who am I kidding.

That's nice but not really relevant to this topic unless you happened to be that DK I fought.

I know what pulls me out of cloak (intended) but this was (seemingly) very obvious each tick of a fire dot (so I assume either Deep Breath or Burning Embers).

The stamblade comment is nice, because obviously it needs to be mentioned in every topic how stamblades are so OP (oh boohoo). I play a Magblade by the way.

Edited by LordTareq on March 18, 2019 7:09PM
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    I was pvp'ing yesterday in one of the battlegrounds and while fighting a DK (or rather, running for my life) I noticed one of his fire dots kept pulling me out of cloak.

Maybe it's just me but if i was doused in a flammable and lit on fire, i'd be running around screaming from the top of my lungs instead of just silently sneak into the shadows.
    unsure.gif
    Options
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    They made a change to cloak that allows AOE skills to pull NB out of cloak. Also biting jabs and puncturing sweep will pull NB out of cloak to. It was last update
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I was pvp'ing yesterday in one of the battlegrounds and while fighting a DK (or rather, running for my life) I noticed one of his fire dots kept pulling me out of cloak.

Maybe it's just me but if i was doused in a flammable and lit on fire, i'd be running around screaming from the top of my lungs instead of just silently sneak into the shadows.
    unsure.gif

Thematically I agree o:)
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What iritates me is the Bow Ultimate pulls (and keeps) you from Cloaking.
    Options
  • Wompatom
    Wompatom

Ehh it feels fair to me and I'm a Stamblade. It's a high cost ultimate and its dodgable so it would be a bit cheap if we could just nullify a skill like that at the press of a button.
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's logic:

If you are invisible, your enemy wont see you

ZoS' logic:

If you are invisible, the poison in your body, your bleeding wounds, the fire burning your skin wont see you
    Edited by Drako_Ei on March 18, 2019 10:55PM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodge roll and find cover like everybody else? After one dodge roll you've essentially mitigated most of its damage. But I keep forgetting that nightblades just instinctively attempt to cloak everything.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway OP, without seeing the gameplay it's hard to tell what was pulling you out of cloak. As you say, there was a lot going on. Could have been magma shell, which emits a small aoe around them while active, or they could have been using volatile armor (which is what I usually do to uncover you sneaky rats).
    Sometimes trying to spam cloak will only get you killed, especially against an opponent that wants you dead and has aoes at their disposal. You might be better off just trying to fight them and healing through the pain, or CC them, gain some distance and then cloak. Don't ever cloak right in front of a mdk - you'll just make them mad.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Dodge roll and find cover like everybody else? After one dodge roll you've essentially mitigated most of its damage. But I keep forgetting that nightblades just instinctively attempt to cloak everything.

In a game where combat is inconsistent is where our good instincts become a burden.

A single target DoT that can magically pull you from Cloak. Not even vanilla Soul Assault could do that.

I'm grateful it's costly and therefore not commonly used. This balances it for sure. Still doesn't mean it doesn't irritate me like I said above.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm grateful it's costly and therefore not commonly used. This balances it for sure. Still doesn't mean it doesn't irritate me like I said above.

It's not commonly used because it sucks, as it can can be easily avoided. That is, if you're not trying to spam your crutch cloak button. OK, I just realised I may harbor some ill feelings towards Nightblades. Please don't take it personally.
    i hate nightblades

Edited by Alucardo on March 18, 2019 11:36PM
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not commonly used because it sucks, as it can can be easily avoided. That is, if you're not trying to spam your crutch cloak button. OK, I just realised I may harbor some ill feelings towards Nightblades. Please don't take it personally.
    i hate nightblades

That's okay. I generally feel the same about Sorcerers, Wardens, and MagDKs.
    Options
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I can see the OP's frustrations, and reading through the patch notes, seems like a bug that either got missed or just popped up.

But NBs in general need a good shaming :wink:
    https://youtu.be/EjUGOYjMcQU
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pvp'ing yesterday in one of the battlegrounds and while fighting a DK (or rather, running for my life) I noticed one of his fire dots kept pulling me out of cloak. Since cloak is supposed to suppress dots, something seems off here. Fair enough, in battlegrounds a lot is going on so technically its possible something else pulled me out of cloak, but the two of us were very isolated and there wasn't another player I could see near. I also wasn't in PBAOE range of the DK but every tick of the dot cloak broke.
    Have any other nightblade players noticed this by any chance?

when i play dk i use that skill pretty often.

its VOLATILE ARMOR . your welcome. (the dot itself didnt turn u visible but the aoe which applied the dot)

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Volatile+Armor

btw where u from ?
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

be honest against magicka nightblade ur class is overpowered and unbalanced. i play dk myself and its true and u know it.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i hate nightblades

Nobody hates magblades, unless they play one themselves and struggle with it.

Imho, cloak is no less annoying then another flappy wing or another shield stacking sorc. Except cloak is easily countered by one potion.
    Most people hate NB's because they burst a lot of damage, dodge roll all attacks and disappear after dodge roll. But that's stamblade.
    If a magblade cloak' s, he is probably still at the same location, snared. 😢
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wompatom wrote: »

Ehh it feels fair to me and I'm a Stamblade. It's a high cost ultimate and its dodgable so it would be a bit cheap if we could just nullify a skill like that at the press of a button.

off topic i know, but as a magblade who only has so much stamina and *** self-healing, it doesnt feel that fair for me.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

be honest against magicka nightblade ur class is overpowered and unbalanced. i play dk myself and its true and u know it.

I don't have a class, I play them all. What you're forgetting is Nightblade is the only class that can choose it's fights so why does it matter what other class you go against? You can opt out.

My mag DK gets absolutely destroyed by heavy armour stam DK's and Templars or basically anything with 81 points in Befoul. I try my best to avoid them but I've no way of opting out even if I wanted to and I'm not gonna run away, so you just gotta take it like a man. There's no shame in that even if you outnumber them.

In non CP, especially BG's, it's quite easy for a melee magblade to gank any class. Incap, light attack, Zaan, Caluurian. That's my regular death recap if I'm in a game against one. I still play a magblade in CP though, magDK's don't put a stop to my PvP, they can be avoided or killed with little help.

Classes have counter-classes, toons/chars in fighters have counters, it's in every PvP game I've ever played. It's not even an argument. Sorry for going off on one, it's not aimed at you specifically.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dot that pulls you out of cloak, sounds like overwhelming surge.
    Options
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe that wasn't a DOT but a Direct Damage that hits multiple times ocer a span of time. Like for example Zaan proc.
    Options
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a class, I play them all. What you're forgetting is Nightblade is the only class that can choose it's fights so why does it matter what other class you go against? You can opt out.

stop saying BS. i never let a nightblade escape on my dk. detect pots, volatile armor, radiant light. ur delusional if u think a nightblade could escape any fight + any class can choose its fight by going into sneak.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

stop saying BS. i never let a nightblade escape on my dk. detect pots, volatile armor, radiant light. ur delusional if u think a nightblade could escape any fight + any class can choose its fight by going into sneak.

Pahahaha!
    PC EU
    Options
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭

so you say going into sneak works just like cloak ? hm yeah sure, but i think your game is bugged

yeah mag dk is op against mag blades ( its like the only thing they can reliable counter xD)
    but than again when you think about it, mag blades have insane toolkit to escape and insane ranged burst, so as long as the nb isnt a potato that keeps spaming his abilitys on your reflect (and instead trys to time his abilitys), the fights can be realy anoying

Most options to detect a nb are not realy viable:
    Pots: you loose a pot cycle
    radiant light: you loose one of 10 spots to get a very short detect tool
    volatile armor: short range but its realy cheap
    taloons: expensive af
    înglufing flames: even if you see your enemy they mostly dont hit the target xD
    elemental blockade: maybe the best skill to get a nb
    counter: shadowimage, run in one direction, when he starts hunting you port back and run+ cloak into the other direction
    or if you are rooted you could just use a pot

It would be a lie to say that a fight between a mnb and mdk is equal,
    but its also a lie to say that (mag)nbs cant escape whenever they want
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    A dot that pulls you out of cloak, sounds like overwhelming surge.

this ^^

came here to suggest exactly the same
    Options