The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are there no werecrocodiles in murkmire?

Argonianwerecroc212
I always thought werecrocodiles we're common in blackmarsh or at least found.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oversight probably or just not in that southern region maybe.

There are a lot of TES games which are supposed to have certain creatures, but don't. Skyrim had this problem especially...Like...Where are the Dwemer ghosts in Skyrim? In Blackreach? It's like they forgot they were a thing in Morrowind.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly the same reason there's no Wereboars in High Rock, or Werevultures in Valenwood.

Maybe they left with the Imga? :confused:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because in game crocodiles can't swim, the crocodile "pack" would have to take a boat behind their swimming pack leader... which is just embarrassing if you picture it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could be saving wererormasu for zones deeper in the Marsh, if they plan on adding wererormasu at all that is.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there are and just not revealed themselves to us
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Sekt_Tiberlus
    Sekt_Tiberlus
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolfs/bears/crocs/boars - daedric creatures of Hircine. And i noticed, that there are no so much daedric influence in Black Marsh. No shrines, no ancors in Murkmire. Saxhleel superiority makes them best defenders against any daedra invasion or influence. There are some werecrocs in Black Marsh, but they are not common. They are probably hiding, cause Hist will erase them as deadric threat, and werecrocs have no any uses for saxhleel millitary since with hist magic possible to create argonian behemoths.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me if they introduce a multitude of different Lycanthrope enemies across tamrieland make them optional skins for Werewolves
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be fun if Argonian were not werewolves but werecrocodiles. Just a different model based on daedroth.
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kulvar wrote: »
    Would be fun if Argonian were not werewolves but werecrocodiles. Just a different model based on daedroth.

here's the thing with lycanthropy, what race you are doesn't matter.
    Because Werewolves in ES aren't half man/half beast, they are daedric creature forms that mortals can transform into.
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Kulvar wrote: »

here's the thing with lycanthropy, what race you are doesn't matter.
    Because Werewolves in ES aren't half man/half beast, they are daedric creature forms that mortals can transform into.

I know, but it's less weird that way.
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Because the devs didn't want to include them. Simple as that. It doesn't mean that they don't exist in the lore, we just don't see them because of developer constraints. There are no werevultures in Valenwood, no wereboars or werebears in High Rock, no werelions in Elsweyr (that could change with the upcoming chapter, but I doubt it) and no werecrocodiles in Black Marsh and southern Morrowind. This doesn't mean that they can't show up in a dungeon DLC set in those provinces, but since we recently had a lycanthropy focused dungeon DLC and only werewolves were present, I don't have high hopes to seem them any time soon. The only werecreatures we have in game are werewolves all across Tamriel, and werebats in certain areas in Valenwood, and tbh I'm surprised they included werebats at all.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?