The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Potion of ravage health.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there actually a practical application to this potion?

Or is it just classic TES "potions can debuff as well as buff"?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no idea.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there actually a practical application to this potion?

Or is it just classic TES "potions can debuff as well as buff"?

Yep. PvP.
    Its called death porting, in essence killing yourself more easily to port to gate etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only time I've ever heard of people using it is in Cyrodiil for blood porting, i.e., take the potion and jump off a cliff. Though now with the keep recall stones, I'm not sure it's as useful.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly a consequence of the alchemy mechanism. The ingredients determine the effect, Potion or poison determines how the result can be used. Some combinations of those won't make sense.

But TES has had things like the "Dagger of Friendship", in Shivering Isles, that heals the victim more than it damages. Sometimes it really is "just because we can".
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Mostly a consequence of the alchemy mechanism. The ingredients determine the effect, Potion or poison determines how the result can be used. Some combinations of those won't make sense.

But TES has had things like the "Dagger of Friendship", in Shivering Isles, that heals the victim more than it damages. Sometimes it really is "just because we can".

I need to play Shivering Isles again at some point.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No