Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Helping lower lvls with a dungeon

scroyektum
scroyektum
Soul Shriven
If I join up with a few low lvl ppl for a dungeon run will my higher lvl hurt there item drops or exp while grouped? Still kinda new and was just wondering about my question
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exp in dungeons is low, 3xp per mob when in the correct level range so these runs are not for exp, but are good for loot.

If your 5+ levels above the level of a mob, you will get no exp or loot. But if your grouped with someone within the correct level range, and they do some damage or healing, they will be able to loot and get exp.

But if you do 90% of the damage, they 'appear' (need more testing) to get less loot.

So the best way, is to go with them and be a heal bot, as this 'appears' to give them max loot chances. So just group and spam heals, and they will get full loot.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    If your 5+ levels above the level of a mob, you will get no exp or loot.

This goes both ways. It kills the lower person's XP as well, to prevent powerleveling.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm are you sure on the loot thing? Or is that just a dungeon restriction? I swear I've killed low level monsters and still got rawhide and such. Or maybe they're not as low as I was thinking.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    Hm are you sure on the loot thing? Or is that just a dungeon restriction? I swear I've killed low level monsters and still got rawhide and such. Or maybe they're not as low as I was thinking.

Sorry one exception, raw crafting drops from animals (rawhide, leather etc) but everything else is gone, no armor, no weapons, no gold etc.

So you can farm low level areas for mining ore and killing animals for leather, but that is the only loot you will get
    Edited by Natjur on April 9, 2014 8:12PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh ok, that makes sense then
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Are you able to get and finish the dungeon quest and get the skillpoint?

I accidently skipped 3 dungenons around lvl 38 and would like to return someday for the skillpoints.
    Edited by Hodorius on April 9, 2014 8:24PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »
    Are you able to get and finish the dungeon quest and get the skillpoint?

I accidently skipped 3 dungenons around lvl 38 and would like to return someday for the skillpoints.

Yes, you can still do them and get the skill points etc and do the quest, just no exp from the mobs (still exp from the quest) and no loot from the mobs