Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting: Provisioning Recipies that require RANK to create

100p.weasel_ESO
I'm a little confused. I have some high level recipes that instead of having a LEVEL requirement have a RANK requirement with a strange symbol next to it. I can't seem to find what this rank refers to or what my current rank is.

Do you have to BE that rank to USE the item or just to create it?

Similar issue with alchemy. The potency passive lets you use different types of solvents but as of yet i've not SEEN the the higher level solvents, are they simply not in the noob areas or do you not see them due to being a low level?
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank are level beyond level 50.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    There is the skill line level rank of the first passive needed to craft the item (like some of the blue recipes needing rank 6) and the character level needed to use the item (which may be 1 - 50 or a veteran rank.
    Edited by Swordmage on April 2, 2014 8:58AM
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I found down at level 7 several green recipes that wanted Rank 6 which makes me wonder why I'm finding them at such a low level.
  • tekkrab14_ESO
    The rank is how many skill points you have spent on it. You start at rank 1 with none, but if you spend points it will allow you to use the better recipes. If you look at the skills page under Crafting->provisioning it is the very fist skill listed.
  • Natai
    Natai
    ✭✭
    Wondering this too.
    I have a Honey Pudding recipes that requires (odd shield-like symbol) rank 5 in place of the usual level requirement. The mouseover states that the recipe requires the passive Recipe Improvement at rank 6.
    So what is the rank 5 referring to? Veteran Rank 5??
  • b.makusub17_ESO
    I have the same and trying to figure it out. Seems there are character level requirements which is straight forward. There is Skill line for Recipe Improvement which is noted when you mouse over the recipe... and Recipe Quality which again, is noted when you mouse of the recipe... still not exactly sure what RANK 5 is... anyone?
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that's your "skill to create" as opposed to your level to consume. My provisioning skill is 45, so I'll be able to create the Veteran rank potions soon, but as my level is on 14, it will be weeks before I can drink them.

There was a bug (since fixed) that was dropping high level recipes too early.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________