Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Problem grouping

stimpy
stimpy
I am having problems when questing while in a group.

We understand that we may be split for example in the prophets tour.

However recently we were split in cheesmongers realm. This was really disappointing and exactly the type of scenario that we play an mmo to avoid.

Is this the way that all the serious content is going to occur? Can players in groups of less then 4 stay together for the minor non dungeons ?

The other alternative seems to be dungeons that are open to everyone which is just as bad.nothing like having a endless stream of other players rampaging through your dungeon...

Are we doing something wrong ?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheesemongers is a solo only quest for the mages guild. The fighters guild one doshia, is the same. I've done very little grouping so far in this game because it's been a total pain. Questing often phases you out, and there's a number of solo only ones where you could actually use some help.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just the Fighters' and Mages' guild questlines that have solo bosses, as far as I know.

If you want to do instanced stuff together, find two more players and go to one of the group dungeons; otherwise, while questing, make sure you're always on the same stage of a quest or you'll be separated by phasing. I hear this latter issue is going to be sorted out in the first patch, but for now it's a hassle to stay together with your group.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    You can sometimes get out of phase with your party if one of has completed a part of the story that the other has not. This has happened to me twice while backtracking to a help guildmates. Normally it doesn't last long though. Otherwise I think it's all the main Mages' Guild, Fighters' Guild, and all Prophet quests that force you to solo.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • stimpy
    stimpy
    Glad to hear that it appears to be just the guild quests. I really hope this gets fixed however as so far those quest were great story wise ...almost as good as razum dar
  • stimpy
    stimpy
    Does anyone know if the undaunted quest are also "anti-mmo" if both players are at the same point in the quest ?