The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else detest this event as much as me?

SacredEarth
SacredEarth
✭✭
It is fine that the game has thievery and assassination in it, but why make it an event? I really want that Indrik mount but I can't stand these quest-lines. I just don't enjoy the sneaking around style of play (in this game). I am happy that all the thieves and murderers out there are able to benefit, but it seems unfair to force people who want the mount to have to do these. I am actually considering skipping this whole event for how much I hate it. I will wait a few more months for my mount... <end rant>
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you dont have to play it, next event at the end of this month is the jester festival, lots of tickets to get then.
    you'll be able to catch up and turn that frown upside down :P
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent taken part in this event because i only switched to PC in November last year and am not up to there yet(yes im doing the quests in order, in my own time) but im not worried, there will be enough tickets up for grabs in other events.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love sneaking and stabbing people! My Silencer really likes rifling around in priest's pockets and finding out their deep dark secrets (Auridon priests with Veiled Heritance codebooks and daedric ritual stuff, I'm looking at you.)

But I don't enjoy ducking and hiding through a twisty turny dungeon where I'm getting lost and dodging lantern bearing guards at every turn, wondering if my target is upstairs or downstairs. It makes me miss my beloved Chameleon spell from Oblivion.

So my Silencer has been boycotting the Black Sacrament quests for a long time and filling her quota of souls for Sithis in ways that I actually find fun. Same for the Heists - I'm a big fan of "pick, pick, stab" but not so much the "hide in a basket while searching for chests" business.

As for why its an event...ZOS has done this DLC event before with double rewards and resource drops. Its just that now there are event tickets added. Why shouldn't it be included?

So far if you want the mount from doing in game activities, you've had to:
    Kill bosses (Witches Festival)
    Do Group Dungeons (Undaunted)
    Play Clockwork City quests (CWC)
    Race, lockpick, fish, etc, for New Life.
    Do quests in a PVP zone ( Midyear Mayhem)
    Help out Vivec/do delves or WBs (Morrowind)
    And
    Murder/Steal (DB and TG)

Its almost like ZOS wants you to have the opportunity to play all the types of content the game has to offer...
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 11, 2019 5:26PM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Its almost like ZOS wants you to have the opportunity to play all the types of content the game has to offer...

Yes, and this is why I acknowledged those who enjoy this gameplay. I just needed to vent a little :)
    Edited by SacredEarth on March 11, 2019 5:32PM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    you dont have to play it, next event at the end of this month is the jester festival, lots of tickets to get then.
    you'll be able to catch up and turn that frown upside down :P

2 Tickets per day in this event and 1 tick per day in The next... But yes, I will just wait longer to get it :)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade of Woe is one of the best things in this game. The animation and cut scenes are fantastic. I only bother with these dailies during the event, so I always enjoy being reminded.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    of all the events so far this has been the most manotious, boring and useless of them all
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do both quests in this event without needing to sneak. Just run through and kill everything normally. Like you would a dungeon or delve.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one for sneaking around to do these quests. I would of rather seen them give you event tickets for doing world boss dailies
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneaking is not required for completing a Heist or Sacrament. Just treat the place like any other delve.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the present time, the character I am playing is a "good" character. She has not and will not do the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood. Therefore, I am sitting out this event. I already have enough feathers for three nascents and the berries I need aren't out yet so sitting this one out won't hurt any. You don't have to do every event.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there was an event on lmao
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to do good at the events to get the ticket, just complete them. Do the very basic stuff. Kill the 1 target (not the extra ones)-- who cares if you run out of time or alert too many guards-- you still get the tickets.

That being said, I do prefer killing WB to these, truth be told. I like the DB questline but not when I feel forced to do it.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Sneaking is not required for completing a Heist or Sacrament. Just treat the place like any other delve.

I am still working on getting up the level 3 with Thieves guild so that I can get the even quests. Trying to do the main story line for XP. Being a new player to ESO I have many other things that I rather be doing in-game than this. End game vet trials, Working on my PvP skills and builds etc. I really enjoyed the Morrowind Questing, as well as Murkmire(although I am stuck at a game bug in that one) So I am enjoying many aspects of the game... Anyway, I will see if pushing through is worth the irritation. :)
  • Dongmyeong
    Dongmyeong
    Soul Shriven
    Playing outside ones comfort zone was already the case during the PvP event.
    What's aggreviating me about this one, is that unlike all the previous ones you need either a subscription or DLC to participate at all.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is fine that the game has thievery and assassination in it, but why make it an event? I really want that Indrik mount but I can't stand these quest-lines. I just don't enjoy the sneaking around style of play (in this game). I am happy that all the thieves and murderers out there are able to benefit, but it seems unfair to force people who want the mount to have to do these. I am actually considering skipping this whole event for how much I hate it. I will wait a few more months for my mount... <end rant>

hmmm well i am not fond of pvp, yet i had to go to cyro to get some tickets. suck it up or do without!
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    At the present time, the character I am playing is a "good" character. She has not and will not do the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood. Therefore, I am sitting out this event. I already have enough feathers for three nascents and the berries I need aren't out yet so sitting this one out won't hurt any. You don't have to do every event.

that may depend upon how many levelings you want for your indrik.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myrkgrav wrote: »
    You don't have to do good at the events to get the ticket, just complete them. Do the very basic stuff. Kill the 1 target (not the extra ones)-- who cares if you run out of time or alert too many guards-- you still get the tickets.

That being said, I do prefer killing WB to these, truth be told. I like the DB questline but not when I feel forced to do it.

i want the cheese, so this is good practice.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dongmyeong wrote: »
    Playing outside ones comfort zone was already the case during the PvP event.
    What's aggreviating me about this one, is that unlike all the previous ones you need either a subscription or DLC to participate at all.

yes that is mostly why there is this event. to sell dlc/subs. ditto for all the race changes. selling race/name tokens. i know they gave 3 but if you have need for more, then guess what? THAT pisses me off alot. WE may have to pay because ZOS didnt think their stuff thru BEFORE launching the game.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, skipped this event.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about 10-15 minutes for two event tickets with vampirism (fast sneak).

I often get a bounty from the brotherhood daily (I don't pay), but then I just dps through the heist (no bounties, just less reward). I get some treasures to vend and a couple motifs worth 2-3k each.

During the PvP event I just parked in Cheydinhal and did town quests, maybe 3-5 min/day and then logged out. I was busy with other games and tired from all the Fall events.

The upcoming Anniversary event is daunting. In past years I'd grind crafting writs (the quickest dailies) for it and make a fortune off the motifs, but this year it's 5 weeks long and only certain dailies qualify each week.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I play a nightblade main, I love the sneaky events... there are some I like, some I don't... I'm usually over an event after a day or two of it... but this one was alright... I wish they would expand them a little more though...