The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

''City on the Brink'' help...

Daspirria
Daspirria
✭✭
I have a serious problem with the quest in Imperial City named ''City on the Brink''

I am having this quest from ''General Nesh-Tan'' and he is telling me that, I should speak with the NPC called ''Drake of Blades'' and shows me a location on map. However, when I reach that point, I am not able to see NPC.. Nothing...

I sent a ticket to support. At first they told me that to restrat the game or reload UI (which is sooooo funny). After my dissapointment reply, they told me that, they will get in touch with me soon. . And as you guess.... no one cares.....

So do you guys have any idea about how to proceed?? I am stucked..............

Thank you in advance...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you completed any Imperial City quests already? There was a progress-blocking issue whereby if you had completed an IC quest because it was shared to you by someone else, but had not completed City on the Brink, then City on the Brink would bug out. This is fixed on Live but there may be some residual effects of it still causing issues. If that's the case, then you should reply to Support with the name of the quest in IC that you have already done.

Besides that, the next step to try is to abandon the quest, log off for fifteen minutes (which allows the area to do a soft reset), and then try again. You may also try taking the quest from Captain Rythe at the Northern Morrowind Gate, instead of General Nesh-Tan, to see if that makes any difference.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Daspirria
    Daspirria
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Have you completed any Imperial City quests already? There was a progress-blocking issue whereby if you had completed an IC quest because it was shared to you by someone else, but had not completed City on the Brink, then City on the Brink would bug out. This is fixed on Live but there may be some residual effects of it still causing issues. If that's the case, then you should reply to Support with the name of the quest in IC that you have already done.

Besides that, the next step to try is to abandon the quest, log off for fifteen minutes (which allows the area to do a soft reset), and then try again. You may also try taking the quest from Captain Rythe at the Northern Morrowind Gate, instead of General Nesh-Tan, to see if that makes any difference.

Thank you so much for your reply Enodoc.

I have just tried both way but unfortunately they didn't worked. I think it is kind of a propblem which should be resolved by in game masters. Do you have any reccommendation about how to proceed?

By the way... I have completed only Arboretum's quest. Then before taking another quest, I have helped my friend to complete IC's final quest. He tried to share the quest with me however couldn't do that and that progrees may cause this bug.

What should I do... This can happen to anyone :'(
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daspirria wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

Thank you so much for your reply Enodoc.

I have just tried both way but unfortunately they didn't worked. I think it is kind of a propblem which should be resolved by in game masters. Do you have any reccommendation about how to proceed?

By the way... I have completed only Arboretum's quest. Then before taking another quest, I have helped my friend to complete IC's final quest. He tried to share the quest with me however couldn't do that and that progrees may cause this bug.

What should I do... This can happen to anyone :'(
    It actually can't (or shouldn't) happen to anyone any more, as they fixed it so that you can no longer accept a shared quest if you haven't done City on the Brink already. I think it's the fact that you completed the Arboretum quest before completing City on the Brink that is your problem.

What you need to do now, is submit a ticket online at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ or in-game using /help (or both). If you do the in-game /help first, while the quest is active, the team will receive the quest information which they can use to help you. You can then submit a ticket online referencing your in-game ticket number, and link back to this thread. Hopefully a Gamemaster will then be able to get back to you and progress the quest for you. Note that you may get an automated response first; if so, reply to it immediately, as otherwise the ticket will be closed after a while.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • thedemon27
    thedemon27
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

I literally have this exact same problem on my main, who is an EP toon. The account has probably had this issue since 2015 but I didn't notice until now. I submitted support ticket Question Reference # 181211-000202, but they stopped helping me as well. Hoping someone can please help me?

Thanks!
    thedemon27(Active since Beta)
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrathstone update and it’s Zone Guide reintroduced a similar problem. I had completed Imperial City years ago but Zone Guide now says I have not completed the starter quest “City on the Brink”.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on March 17, 2019 6:57PM