Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

can't get next quest after city on the brink

snowmanflvb14_ESO
snowmanflvb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
ok here is an odd one. I completed City on the brink yesterday afternoon. Turned it in received my reward. I can not pick up anymore quests in IC. All i can do is talk to the quest starter for city on the brink who gives me the quest again and sends me to talk to the drake of blades ( who is not visiable to me since I have done the quest already) I can not pick up the quest off the poster on the wall or anyplace else. I have tried to take then abandon the city on the brink again. I have deleted all my other quests to no avail. I have tried going into ic not in a group still no joy. Sent a bug request in only to hear back that I should check the forums and knowledge base to see if there is an answer there ( something I did prior to reporting the bug) any suggestion would be appreciated
Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • shootyoureyeout
    shootyoureyeout
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the very same issue, and submitted a bug report with no response at all. My achievement log says I've completed the quest Knowledge is Power, which I did do and don't think I could have done without completing City of the Brink first. But alas, that City quest is still available to me & when I pick it up, it takes me to a non-existent Drake of Blades. I also noticed that for me, the Drake of Blades is actually standing in a completely different room, and there are no dialogue options & she is talking about "still researching the book" (I assume from that previous Knowledge is Power quest I did). All IC quests are completely non-progressible (not sure that's a word!).
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok well a gm contacted me in game. I had to pick up the quest again then meet him in the harborage where he spawned the drake so i could talk to her and actually turn in the quest a second time. This allowed me to procress and pick up the nest quest in IC
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • thedemon27
    thedemon27
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, I've had this same latent issue from 2015 and have just noticed I have it now that I've started to do IC content on my main. Is there a way I can get a GM to work with me? I've submitted multiple support requests and they do not respond to it and close out any future support issues I log as duplicates without providing help. Thanks
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I saw this too. I had successfully completed the entire Imperial City Main Quest years ago but now, after the new Wrathstone update that includes the Zone Guide, it says I have not completed the first quest called “City on the Brink” at which time I can not start it since I completed all the subsequent quests already.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on March 17, 2019 6:35PM