The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds over alliance rank 20

Flips
Flips
✭✭
Hello. Has anyone noticed the huge increase in difficulty when you go from alliance rank 19 to 20 in Battlegrounds (higher mmr?)?

It's either that or I need to l2p magPlar at cp930 and templar was my first char. Win rate, 20% and 400k dmg avg.

With my StamDk alliance rank 11: Win rate 50%. About the same damage output.

Anyone else noticed this?
Soon cp1000

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It probably has more to do with you rising up in the mmr regardless of your AR. Either that or the current meta rolls you over.
  • Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    Don't think I've played more bgs with this char when some other I have. But this char got much higher alliance rank, since I grinded cyrodil since 2016 with it. But I can't prove it... It was like flipping a switch after 20, might be a coincidence.
    Soon cp1000

• Flips
    Flips
    ✭✭
    In anyway, why win/loss ratio is not a part of the mmr is very strange.

I virtually have to ditch that char now which is very sad.
    Soon cp1000

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure man. I'm so god damn good my win rate is 102%
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t ditch the character, adjust your playstyle and try to improve. Magplars is a strong pvp choice, you just need to make improvements.

The whole MMR thing (which is weird and I still don’t understand) even if it does exist just takes higher tiered players and doesn’t match them against newer players. That’s it, you’ve been playing training wheels.

I’m also starting to think MMR has a very minor effect. My NB healer where I win 70 percent of matches, and you’d think would be high MMR, see’s the same names in BGs that I do with my fresh 50 stamblade who hasn’t even finished maxing his class skill lines.

I think sometimes you get better opponents, and the game tries to match people who win a lot against each other, that’s it.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 17, 2019 12:54PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten