The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Text Chat

Alkapton
Alkapton
✭✭✭
I am realising the importance of Text Chat in the Game. My problem is I have a mini text chat window I can't read on my screen. To actually use text I need to go Social->Text Chat which brings up a big window which makes game play while texting completely impossible for me. So I wonder (being a pc) if there exists an add-on that will display Text Chat on a seperate monitor, which would imply a seperate window, I have my doubts its even possible?????
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    TOM (Tamriel Online Messenter) has an option where you can alter the text size of the chat, and that does help.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    I am realising the importance of Text Chat in the Game. My problem is I have a mini text chat window I can't read on my screen. To actually use text I need to go Social->Text Chat which brings up a big window which makes game play while texting completely impossible for me. So I wonder (being a pc) if there exists an add-on that will display Text Chat on a seperate monitor, which would imply a seperate window, I have my doubts its even possible?????

As far as I know all rendering of "windows" in ESO are done within the main ESO game Application window. Addons cannot create Application Windows.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Specifically, TOM creates a secondary window with tabs for various types of chats. This window can have the text size resized, within it's addon options.