The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Melee MagSorc Advise?

StormeReigns
StormeReigns
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Currently running a Bosmer Melee MagSorc (ghetto hybrid)
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=126982
(Note Overload Bar is just an experiment - and this is not my main, just an alt i decided to have fun with)

Currently it is fun with in solo'ing / questing, dungeons, etc. I am just wondering anyone have advise on better gear set up to aim for / skill switches and whatnots.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting idea for a character! I rarely see Melee Mag Sorcs, as most people just go Stam Sorc instead.

First things first. Most magicka skills will have their damage increase with the more magicka you have. Stamina skills increase in damage the more stamina you have. So I'd guess your stamina skills hit for a lot less than your magicka skills do. Similarly, your light attacks with those weapons will scale with your stamina.

If you want to do a pure hybrid, I'd look at the Pelinal's Aptitude crafted set. With this set, you'll build for weapon damage and then that will also grant you matching spell damage. Weapon damage is just easier to acquire than spell damage, and will benefit your werewolf form more than your current sets do. You could also look at sets like Shacklebreaker that benefits both magicka and stamina.

Just speaking from my experience, I was very underwhelmed by werewolf form when I had it on my MagDK. I was really disappointed...and then I tried it on my StamDK and it made a huge difference to actually use the werewolf on a character built for stamina.

If you want to go Stam Sorc, you'll stick with those weapon skills and rely mainly on your weapon skills. My Stam Sorcs use Hurricane, Crit Surge, Dark Deal and Endless Fury from the sorc class skills.

Hope that helps!
    Answer ✓
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's an interesting idea for a character! I rarely see Melee Mag Sorcs, as most people just go Stam Sorc instead.

First things first. Most magicka skills will have their damage increase with the more magicka you have. Stamina skills increase in damage the more stamina you have. So I'd guess your stamina skills hit for a lot less than your magicka skills do. Similarly, your light attacks with those weapons will scale with your stamina.

If you want to do a pure hybrid, I'd look at the Pelinal's Aptitude crafted set. With this set, you'll build for weapon damage and then that will also grant you matching spell damage. Weapon damage is just easier to acquire than spell damage, and will benefit your werewolf form more than your current sets do. You could also look at sets like Shacklebreaker that benefits both magicka and stamina.

Just speaking from my experience, I was very underwhelmed by werewolf form when I had it on my MagDK. I was really disappointed...and then I tried it on my StamDK and it made a huge difference to actually use the werewolf on a character built for stamina.

If you want to go Stam Sorc, you'll stick with those weapon skills and rely mainly on your weapon skills. My Stam Sorcs use Hurricane, Crit Surge, Dark Deal and Endless Fury from the sorc class skills.

Hope that helps!

Still doing Magicka set up, but the what ya suggested has really helped out a lot, in both pve and pvp. Sometime soon if i dont forget or get swamped with work i should be able to have numbers to show.

Thanks again!