The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please add a gold value to JC Master Writs

xaraan
xaraan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since patches keep going by and Jewelry Crafting Master Writs still are not worth doing, can you at least put a 5 or 10g value on them so we can vendor them instead of destroying them?

It's pretty sad I purposefully prefer to do my daily for JC on characters that haven't learned traits so that it decreases my chance of getting these worthless writs.
-- @xaraan --
nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
AD • NA • PC
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sell them for pennies on the dollar to speculators, the purple ones get bought quick when priced to move.

I think I did one once and learned my lesson. The completion statistics on these writs must be dismal.

Let's put this in cereal terms:

Send in 10 "Loops" proof of purchase to receive your Brutal Molag Bal Spoon!
    Send in 500 "Puffs" proof of purchase to receive your Brutal Molag Bal Spoon!

You'd have to be Coo Coo for "Puffs" to choose them.

(p.s. the spoon turns the color of blood when dipped in cold liquid like milk or azure plasm.)

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else at least provide some Master Writs that use green and blue plates.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The longer they leave them as is, the more laughable it becomes. I'd be embarrassed to have designed the system so poorly that even after it's been improved, it's still not even close.

ZOS, let your number people loose on these things to get them balanced out a bit better please. The mat prices are about as stable as they're going to get right now unless something else changes. It's safe to rebalance the voucher rewards now or add hirelings or anything really.
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least, remove the confirmation needed to destroy the darn things.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to do some of the purple ones worth about 60 to 70 vouchers. I give the rest to a guild mate, who is collecting them for when or if there are changes.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to do some of the purple ones worth about 60 to 70 vouchers. I give the rest to a guild mate, who is collecting them for when or if there are changes.

You could just sell the platings for about 30k each instead. You lose money doing the writs for 60 vouchers.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but I managed to get all of the chests using the vouchers, so I don't PvP to get it through the stones.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bad thing about this is, even if they change them, they leave the old ones broken/value-less. I saved some of the initial ones from the first release of JC where they were even worse than now and when they bumped up the value, they left those old ones still worth 6 or 7 voucher points so they too went in the destroy pile.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but I managed to get all of the chests using the vouchers, so I don't PvP to get it through the stones.

Well, the ones you did are not as bad as the gold obviously, but the problem with this is, it's still less cost in matts to just to a 10 times the number of of blacksmith/wood/cloth vouchers worth 6 points each than to do one JC writ worth 60. Heck, it would even be less costly to do a legendary version of those crafts vs. purple of JC.

If you had the matts/gold and wanted to get it over with quickly, not faulting you for that (some folks just don't care if it's a short term goal and they have the money - I've been there), but if we are talking about the actual worth while value of the system - it's just broken.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green/blue ones would be great, even if they were only for 5/10-15 writs ea. They'd be worth tootling around and doing them on a slow night then.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just gotta say that the JC Master Crafting writs is the worse (or best) joke on the ESO crafting community since the game was released. Like someone mentioned earlier, remove the destroy verification so I can get rid of them easier.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mark as junk, Destroy all junk is the most efficient solution I have. Kind of sad when the best thing to do with these writs is destroy them and it's just how to do it easily.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a button for these writs "Send to developer", so after we spam them with thousands of worthless writs, they will address the voucher reward.

Also introducing writs for green and blue jc would be great

my suggestion:

green 2-7 vouchers
    blue 10-50 vouchers
    purple 200-500 vouchers
    gold 1000+ vouchers
    Edited by kind_hero on April 2, 2019 11:20AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    We need a button for these writs "Send to developer", so after we spam them with thousands of worthless writs, they will address the voucher reward.

I think people have already been doing this to Rich on PC :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I quickly destroy these now. I cannot afford to complete them. They are a waste of space, no one wants to buy them and they p.me o. as I would certainly like to earn the writ rewards so I can purchase from plans from Rollis and his pal.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My heart hurts at the almost hundred jewelry crafting writs I have now. Over 30 of them are 100+ ones too. ): The problem I have is they seem to be WAY MORE COMMON than the other ones, making the salt in the wound even worse.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My heart hurts at the almost hundred jewelry crafting writs I have now. Over 30 of them are 100+ ones too. ): The problem I have is they seem to be WAY MORE COMMON than the other ones, making the salt in the wound even worse.

I think b/c motifs don't matter on the odds of getting them, maybe only traits learned make a difference. Outside of my main crafter, I actually stopped learning traits on any of my alts.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

I think b/c motifs don't matter on the odds of getting them, maybe only traits learned make a difference. Outside of my main crafter, I actually stopped learning traits on any of my alts.

Correct:

For JC it's trait knowledge that increases drop rate
    For BS/WW/Cloth it's full purple motif knowledge + trait knowledge
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points