The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Several Questions about Axe bleeds

Stx
Stx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
1) Do they (or any bleeds) scale with penetration? I think someone told me that other dots do scale with pen but bleeds didnt, and I wanted to confirm.

2) I assume that if the bleed procs again before the duration is over that it doesn't stack, and just refreshes. If that's true, can the bleeds proc on multiple targets at the same time?

I got an axe drop that is part of a set I want to use and the axe is sharpened which normally i wouldnt mind but if penetration doesn't benefit the bleed proc I might not use it. (Its part of a solo set so this has nothing to do with being at pen cap for groups)
Edited by Stx on March 11, 2019 1:51AM

Best Answer

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. No (Bleeds ignore all armor, and so pen is useless for them) (Its also a big reason why bleeds are so hard for ZOS to balance leaving them on paper pretty weak) (Make sure an ability actually says bleed in the tooltip or its not actually a bleed, just a physical dot)
    2. correct, and yes.

IMO axes are dumb. The random proccing of bleeds is inconsistent and constantly complained about by the people you kill with it. Now if only we had more than 2 bleeds in the entire fucking game to use in place of this proc. One of which is near useless and using both of which require DW+2h.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Answer ✓
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you. Yeah that sucks then I got a named axe from spindleclutch that is sharpened. Damn you ZoS
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation?
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Transmutation?

Yeah I could.. but I am saving my stones for triune tank rings or a nirnhoned pvp weapon. I generate transmute stones VERY slowly.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    There is one thing to say for a battle axe and that is, they seem to have a much quicker swing ratio than any other two handed weapon. Now, unfortunately I have no idea how you measure that but, that just seems to be my experience in game. For example in Craglorn I can dispatch 3 scorpions faster with my battle axe than with my great sword and in Craglorn there is always opportunity to test that one out. Pesky vermin.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one thing to say for a battle axe and that is, they seem to have a much quicker swing ratio than any other two handed weapon. Now, unfortunately I have no idea how you measure that but, that just seems to be my experience in game. For example in Craglorn I can dispatch 3 scorpions faster with my battle axe than with my great sword and in Craglorn there is always opportunity to test that one out. Pesky vermin.

All 2h weapons have the same attack speed.