The Army of Meridia - Follow the Runner

gimarwb17_ESO
gimarwb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Thank you ESO for convincing me to throw your precious game into the garbage! Just check the forum and you will note that many have left for the same reason! I do this whole long quest which took a few days and get to the end where I have to "follow the Shadow Runner" without him noticing. Well all the enemies of the world are packed thick and you have to keep fighting and then you "ahhh, lost the shadow runner" After six hours I followed him even to basically the front door of where the place is (and since I have done all the pre quests, I can easily get into the place all doors open. But no, the Ghost of the King who I am supposed to save does not give me the correct prompt, because the message still reads "follow the shadow runner".

So after spending this week and since early this morning on this and now is after lunch which I have not had yet, I think it was a big mistake getting back to this game. And I was idiot enough to consider purchasing the pre order. But despite having a throbbing migraine now I am not suicidal. There ARE good games coming out and are already on the market. No other place has treated a customer as bad as this, you must think we are all a bunch of idiots!!!

If anybody has any tips on this stupid quest, please let me know I will keep an eye out for a day or so!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to tell you, man. I'm sorry you had a tough time with this quest. I was able to follow the runner and at the same time run wide of the enemies in my path, so I did it the first time. Are you a Nightblade by chance? If so, keep hitting your shadow cloak spell as you follow so the enemies won't see you. Or make a handful of invisibility potions and use them when you come too close to an enemy. There are armor sets that improve stealth. Maybe craft one of those just for this quest? I read that a combo of Night Terror and Night Mother's Gaze reduces your stealth radius by quite a bit. I know it seems a lot of effort for just one quest. You could Google "eso improve stealth" to see what other suggestions you get. I talk about stealth because if all the nearby enemies don't see you, you won't have to fight and can concentrate on the runner. I'm sorry you had such a rough time with the quest and I hope this helps.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't recall having any issues with it. I would always swing wide of the stranglers/spriggans. I want to say that you can even use your mount. I don't remember having to fight any of the adds to that degree. I would refresh the wisp light timer when I came across another one.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a sixty second “buff” that lets you see the runner. If the buff runs out, you fail.

You can refresh the buff by interacting with the glowing orbs along the way.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignore the runner,kill all mobs along path and retry
    Edited by method__01 on March 2, 2019 8:40AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You collect one wisp halfway through the run but if you feel it still is to difficult equip mothers embrace and 3 piece night terror and sneak past the mobs and run in between mobs but collect another wisp still it’s not a difficult section of the quest

Edit
    Ladysinflower I never read your post but you called it before me lol
    Edited by macsmooth on March 2, 2019 8:48AM
  • Admico
    Admico
    ✭✭
    If you get the dark brotherhood perk to reduce your stealth circle by 50% I think on a mount and do that. That’s how I did it
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    ignore the runner,kill all mobs along path and retry

This was my method.

Follow the runner, killing everything in the path, then fail the quest. Then, follow the runner down a clear path.

Yeah, this quest is super annoying and you are far from the only person to struggle with it. It came up in Coldharbor zone chat a lot while I was fishing there.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 8, 2019 5:53PM
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that quest.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Kishashi_Ronai
    Kishashi_Ronai
    Soul Shriven
    I think they must have fixed that quest or I was just lucky when I ran it today. I only ran into one small group of critters who spotted me and I had to kill them, but otherwise, tracking the runner seemed easy to me. I just made sure to tap every glow orb I ran past to keep the invisibility trick active so i could see the runner, but the runner couldn't see me.