The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can only access 2 of seven chests in Artaeum villa suddenly.

slipnoose
slipnoose
Have tried moving chests to other houses. Have tried reboot. Have tried putting away mounts and other special collectibles. Can not access these chests and I NEEEEEED that access. Any one have suggestions? Other than, here's a thought--FIX THESE BUGS ZOS!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not clear from your update. Have you tried moving the chests away from other objects and putting them on the villa floor if they aren't already to see if they start working again?
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried moving the chests away from other objects and putting them on the villa floor if they aren't already to see if they start working again?
    yeah, try moving them

When this happens to me its because the chest sank into the floor by one click...
    same with chairs sometimes, no interaction & I have to pull it back up

{ Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • slipnoose
    slipnoose
    Got back after being offline many hours, and it resolved itself. Shrug. Thanks unknown fix-it god.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you re-enter a home, the client essentially rebuilds it. That can put an item back into a position where it can be interacted. As noted above, it's typically sunk into a rug, or something similar.

The real problem behind this is the "all-or-nothing" nature of the hit-box. It also prevents things like putting a pot of food on the cooking fire without disabling the crafting function.