Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What class doesn't require much bar swapping yet easy to play at 160+ CP ?

drakeos99
drakeos99
✭✭✭
Just curious until necromancer comes out wondering which class will help me get better gear for necromancer once he/she comes out ...
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Templar blazing shield tanks or sorc pet builds. You basically never switch bars and is more than playable that way. You just spam 1-2 skills and go Afk.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of content?
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    Ciovala wrote: »
    What sort of content?

PvE mostly
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Just curious until necromancer comes out wondering which class will help me get better gear for necromancer once he/she comes out ...

Pet sorc with dual lightning staff with Necropotence gear(found in Rivenspire killing delve and world bosses) you can pair it with mothers sorrows which is found in Deshaan
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadSerpico wrote: »

Pet sorc with dual lightning staff with Necropotence gear(found in Rivenspire killing delve and world bosses) you can pair it with mothers sorrows which is found in Deshaan

^ lemme see if I can find the guide to the one bar sorc build.

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400833/one-bar-easy-vma-w-video-magsorc-build-for-summerset-no-trial-monster-set-maelstrom-weapon-needed/p1
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 14, 2019 4:28PM
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    ooo good for levelin ?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly you can play any class with one bar. But to get full potential you will have to use both.
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    i just find it hard even with someone that cant react fast n have carpal tunnel
    Edited by drakeos99 on February 15, 2019 10:14PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sorc
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    best sorc leveling build ? n what equips ?
    Edited by drakeos99 on February 15, 2019 10:34PM
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    n whats class has easier time in vMA ?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had easier time on my sorc than my DK, but then again I have completed it on my mag DK even though I am not used to her as much (I main my sorc and play him much more). There are enough builds that enable you to "cheese out" vMA, but I think the one bar pet sorc is was one of the more useful ones.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    look up one bar pve pet sorc. easy af and can do vma
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I found the link that DocFrost72 has in his post several weeks ago, and I'm going to try that in the next couple of weeks.

It seems very doable. I'm 71 and was looking for a one-bar set-up because of medical issues.

I currently play an "electric" magsorc with one bar, which I just started recently, and it's great. I made some minor adjustments to the initial set-up and have no problem killing things. The only thing I don't like is that one of the spells requires you to be within 5 meters of the enemy, which is pretty close to melee range, which I don't like. However, so far it's working out pretty good because of the amount of damage you do.

I do have two healing spells on my second bar, but normally only use them after the fight, as I don't have the time and dexterity to do so during a fight.

If you like I can come back here and provide you the info for my magsorc. Nothing like seeing your character electrified and killing enemies.

Good luck.
    Edited by Sixsixsix161 on February 27, 2019 2:20PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel obliged to be yet another person to tell you the only sensible way to play this game is to get comfortable with bar swapping. You should consider changing your swap key too if you think that would help. Put a heal on your offbar (dont worry about putting rotation in weave) and over time keeping normal buffs up will become natural with swapping.

That said, magsorc/petsorc.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play as a Magblade and am not following any particular build advice. I'm CP380 right now and really don't have to bar swap that often. I am unusual in that I prefer the lightning staff to the inferno staff. I wear Julianos and Twice Born Star mostly light armor. I have tristat gold glyphs, health and magicka glyphs on my armor (haven't found enough hakeijo runes yet to outfit everything with tristat). I have absorb health on my lightning staff. I concentrate more on staying alive than doing more damage. I have annulment and its morphs plus funnel health in my main bar. I keep those up constantly to keep my health bar full. My ultimate is dawnbreaker and I slot different AoE/DoT plus one spammable according my whims really. I have a decent setup on my secondary bar also with an inferno staff there. But only where I'm fighting a large mob or an especially difficult boss do I switch bars. Otherwise I heavy attack with the lightning staff to keep my magicka bar going and as I said keep funnel health and annulment going in between attacks with the skill buttons. At my current level I tend to mow down almost everything in my path. I will also qualify that I play PvE only and cannot solo world bosses or group dungeons. I haven't yet done any trials or what they call vet content. If it's hard for you to switch bars a lot you could do something like this. I'm ShadokatPH66 in game on Xbox NA of you want to contact me and hear more. It's not a popular or common build method but it works for me.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    I have terrible eye and hand coordination... especially with my left hand trying to mash keys outside of daily typing. I bought a logitech g600 mmo mouse that has 12 buttons on the side. Since I am right hand dominate, I though it would help not being a noob. After about 3 weeks of using the thing, I couldn't imagine not using it. Here is an example of my binds

1-5 unchanged. standard abilities
    6 ultimate
    7 bar swap
    8 Synergy
    10 potion (the reason I put this here is because that is where it was binded on other games.)
    Wheel down is interrupt
    wheel up is roll

I use the other buttons to put random things on in order to play one handed when I need to bounce a kid with one hand. (E, autorun, sprint, etc.)

I know this doesn't answer your question of which class to play with one bar but maybe it can help you play with two bars since you use your thumb in subtle movements instead of all your fingers on your left hand.
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    So what about magden ?
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I regret not getting an MMO mouse sooner. (As in, I have played WoW, LOTRO, and SWTOR all without one). It is an immense help!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played all classes using only one bar, in the past.
    However, you might want to put an important buffing skill, or area-of-effect skill, on your 2nd bar just to use on the tougher bosses.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just find it hard even with someone that cant react fast n have carpal tunnel

I, also, have carpal's and my reaction time is slower due to age. I play on PC with a controller (easier on the carpal's). I find magicka templar easy to play with very little weapon swapping. On my main bar, using a flame staff, I have Blazing Spears, Puncturing Sweeps, Crushing Shock, Blockade, and Breath of Life. I can do all questing, delves, public dungeons, solo dolmens, and solo easy pledge dungeons without swapping. For harder content, I swap a little bit but not very much. My back bar is for harder hitting and my finisher (dark flare and jesus beam). My armor is 5 piece Julianos, 5 piece War Maidens, and 2 piece Valkyn's.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on March 4, 2019 8:54AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a Twilight Matriarch PetSorc. For the most part it is a one bar setup with keys 2-4 and 6 (reassigned to Ultimate) being DPS skills on bar 1. The 1 key is for the Twilight Matriarch's summon/healing action and key 5 is Magelight for the spell crit buff you get for having it on your bar. One thing important to keep on the first bar is Daedric Prey as it buffs pet damage 55% and Atronach 40% for 6 seconds so it is important to keep up on primary target. On bar 2 I have Twilight Matriarch on key 1 so I don't lose it during a fight. For key 2 I have Power Surge 3 which is a 33 second DPS buf . Then for key 3 I have Circle of Protection IV which is a 20 second shield that is large enough to stay in while moving out of many types of AoE's. Key 4 is a DoT. 5 and 6 are the same as bar 1. I usually start a boss fight on bar 2 to get buff/shield then swap to bar 1. If I hit a good point during the fight I will swap back to bar 2 to refresh but it is not a priority.

For gear I run 5 Necropotence (2 body and 3 jewelry), 5 Julianos (3 body and 2 lighting staffs) and a medium Illambris shoulders and heavy Illambris head. The medium and heavy are to get the bonus passives.

My setup might not be the best but it minimizes bar swaps to when they are convenient. I try to minimize bar swaps as if I do them too quickly the bar swap doesn't happen and I'm playing the wrong bar. I'm also older so minimizing bar swaps helps compensate for my long lost teenage reflexes. I have no problems in the open world and while I'm not he best can hold my own in normal level dungeons.
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    So what about magden ?
    I found the link that DocFrost72 has in his post several weeks ago, and I'm going to try that in the next couple of weeks.

It seems very doable. I'm 71 and was looking for a one-bar set-up because of medical issues.

I currently play an "electric" magsorc with one bar, which I just started recently, and it's great. I made some minor adjustments to the initial set-up and have no problem killing things. The only thing I don't like is that one of the spells requires you to be within 5 meters of the enemy, which is pretty close to melee range, which I don't like. However, so far it's working out pretty good because of the amount of damage you do.

I do have two healing spells on my second bar, but normally only use them after the fight, as I don't have the time and dexterity to do so during a fight.

If you like I can come back here and provide you the info for my magsorc. Nothing like seeing your character electrified and killing enemies.

Good luck.

Can you post your build please ?
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not good for endgame, I find Stam warden with bear good for one bar. I'm on console because of wrist issues and being able to let the bear take care of something while I shake my hand out (or try to pull the attack cat off) is very helpful.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭