The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

System reached its memory capacity????

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi I have this message popping up when trying to place king Narilmor’s head on my wall in Daggerfall overlook:
“System reached its memory capacity, you can remove furnishings to help remedy the situation”
I am confused because my Xbox has 30% left on its 1tb hard drive and I can place the furnishings in my other homes. My overlook has 610 traditional furnishings, 33 collectibles and 10 special collectibles, for a total of 653 furnishings so still not at the 700 item cap.

My Grotto house has 616 traditional, 21 collectibles and 10 specials yet this can be placed just fine.

I still have ESO+ until the 18th as well...

Anyone else have this problem on Xbox? How does one remedy this? Can one remedy this without losing furnishings?

S.A.96

Update: I restarted the game and it’s as if there was no issue... still I would like to know why if anyone know this message would appear in the first place...
Edited by Shadow_Akula on March 13, 2019 11:12PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I have this message popping up when trying to place king Narilmor’s head on my wall in Daggerfall overlook:
    “System reached its memory capacity, you can remove furnishings to help remedy the situation”
    I am confused because my Xbox has 30% left on its 1tb hard drive and I can place the furnishings in my other homes. My overlook has 610 traditional furnishings, 33 collectibles and 10 special collectibles, for a total of 653 furnishings so still not at the 700 item cap.

My Grotto house has 616 traditional, 21 collectibles and 10 specials yet this can be placed just fine.

Anyone else have this problem on Xbox? How does one remedy this? Can one remedy this without losing furnishings?

S.A.96

Update: I restarted the game and it’s as if there was no issue... still I would like to know why if anyone know this message would appear in the first place...

Don't know if the message is issued from the client or server side but it sounds like there might be a memory leak. A memory leak is caused by the code not cleaning up or reusing memory resources correctly. It is not your hard drive but the actual memory accessed by the CPU. The reason I suspect this is restarting the game would cause the system to clean up all of the resources you were using on both your client and on the server.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.A.96

Don't know if the message is issued from the client or server side but it sounds like there might be a memory leak. A memory leak is caused by the code not cleaning up or reusing memory resources correctly. It is not your hard drive but the actual memory accessed by the CPU. The reason I suspect this is restarting the game would cause the system to clean up all of the resources you were using on both your client and on the server.

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation so far thanks. my guildmates and I are completely puzzled.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was flagged several times on the PTS. I even recall making the comment on whether this bug would make it through to live.
    Unfortunately with all the uproar over passives, it was completely overlooked. Looks like it has made it through to live so!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the memory usage comes from the ability to undo furnishing changes. Not really a leak, but if they've allowed unlimited undo, then it can take unlimited memory.

Logging back in forgets all that history, and you've just got the present state.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing people mention this happening on the pts looks like they never fixed it.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new “Metrics” limit was added to the API with this patch. Based on the events it can raise, it appears to be a new monitoring mechanism meant to gauge how much VRAM is allocated vs available. When I saw this pop up, my hope was that ZeniMax might be planning to increase item limits - with this new metrics gauge meant to be a safeguard against systems grinding to a halt. While no limit increase was announced, I remain hopeful that this might be the long term goal of the Housing Team. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the base game’s Undo / Redo stack is capped at 200 (or perhaps 100) atomic operations.

For reference, Essential Housing Tools can easily maintain a non-volatile record of up to 100 Multi-Item operations... per house. I am fairly convinced that this Metric monitoring system is focused on Video RAM. Just my 2 cents.

<3
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    A new “Metrics” limit was added to the API with this patch. Based on the events it can raise, it appears to be a new monitoring mechanism meant to gauge how much VRAM is allocated vs available. When I saw this pop up, my hope was that ZeniMax might be planning to increase item limits - with this new metrics gauge meant to be a safeguard against systems grinding to a halt. While no limit increase was announced, I remain hopeful that this might be the long term goal of the Housing Team. <3

Very interesting @R_K
    Would this mean that potentially the limits for each home would be linked more to the capacity of your own specific pc or internet?
    If this is something ZOS is working on, I think it would be great if they would make even some small announcement on this. Even just to say "we are testing a new approach that might allow us some item capacity increase". Some small communication on this would inject so much needed enthusiasm back into housing.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • RaEDe
    RaEDe
    ✭✭
    I just had this same issue on XB1 NA and resetting the UI and re-logging didn't solve it.
    This is extremely frustrating as I now have a full inventory I am unsure what to do with.
    Has this issue been addressed by ZOS and are there any suggestions of what else I can try?
  • F1thyphil
    F1thyphil
    ✭✭
    I have been having this issue, but only in the Valasivea Ayleid Ruins house. I Have 598 Items, 4 special, and 6 collectable items placed. Restart, clearing cache, reinstall client, nothing works, this issue has to be server side. Every time I have the system memory limit problem there are also some graphical errors that occur on the top floor. The steps in front of the left archway look 1 dimensional, and the inside part of short wall on the right side of those steps is translucent.**UPDATE** Still have the same issue with only this one house... Also the Cadwell portal furnishing is still broken. So over 16k crowns stuck in broken items, we've waiting over a year for a response. This kinda thing makes it hard to justify buying crowns.
    Edited by F1thyphil on August 3, 2022 7:09AM