Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The lag is unbearable

Trout1996
Trout1996
✭✭✭
Hello, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but with the addition of a new class and an influx of new players coming with the Elsweyr chapter; I think Zo$ needs to address the server issues, in particularly the ping. The FPS this patch has been higher than normal so far but the ping in vivec is unbearable, even at 11 AM EST on a Sunday. This issue with lag has a good chance at killing off any fresh meat that wishes to enter Cyrodiil and is very detrimental to the PvP population. I know it's been brought up 1000x but it really needs to be addressed before or with the new chapter if this game wishes to continue to thrive as a popular and enjoyable MMO.
P.S. Can we fix guards' machine gun CC and have it give proper immunity?
Leader of Grail Knights Solo and Small PvP Guild
Stamplar: Karl Franz of the Empire | MagPlar: Leoncoeur the Lionhearted
MagDk: Witch King Malekith | StamDk: Archaon
MagSorc: G W Kush | StamSorc: Fully-Torqued Orc
StamNb: Trout | MagBlade: The Red Duke
StamDen: Jerome James | MagDen: Dips-the-Copenhagen
YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumzaR-HESaBhPPtBbB1gzw
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Cyro will never be fixed. They cant
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos fixing PvP? Lmao you’re funny
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, today's fight at keep with some big population of players inside & near made huge epic lag.
    I asked a few players form both sides and they confirmed same situation.
    And all we have is ignore.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on March 10, 2019 11:52PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this game didn't have lag I wouldn't want to play anything else. So much potential....
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If this game didn't have lag I wouldn't want to play anything else. So much potential....

Yep, it really sucks :c

Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry they announced they are making some fixes I 4-5 months time.
    Also they are adding a faction stack objective in Elsweyr by all accounts so I'm sure that will see some change in the lag.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even no lag, I’d settle for even good performance most of the time but in general good is the exception and it’s mediocre to terrible primarily.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry they announced they are making some fixes I 4-5 months time.
    Also they are adding a faction stack objective in Elsweyr by all accounts so I'm sure that will see some change in the lag.

That idea of theirs is quite horrifying!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This game has the best combat system already and endless potential.

Cyrodiil could be the biggest draw of it's market.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are 100% correct. If this game actually worked I’d never drop it. Idc about the balance issues if I didn’t lag at all. If performance was actually decent at least
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol we had it fixed but the zerglings decided to ping Gina and force a bug fix on siege instead of letting it play out till the chapter release/patch 2 weeks after lol.

Enjoy the lag meat-lings lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyro will never be fixed. They cant

...and i get that.
    But lately na vivec is almost unplayable.
    I know that, because i live in australia, my situation is not ideal, but i swear last year when i had adsl i could pvp just fine and now even with fibre, is horrendous.
  • Trout1996
    Trout1996
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else feel like break free is delayed af now? I used to break free out of flame reaches before my character would hit the ground, now my character likes to take a 1-2 second breather to catch his breath and roll around on the ground. Since murkmire, I almost dread getting CC'd.
    Leader of Grail Knights Solo and Small PvP Guild
    Stamplar: Karl Franz of the Empire | MagPlar: Leoncoeur the Lionhearted
    MagDk: Witch King Malekith | StamDk: Archaon
    MagSorc: G W Kush | StamSorc: Fully-Torqued Orc
    StamNb: Trout | MagBlade: The Red Duke
    StamDen: Jerome James | MagDen: Dips-the-Copenhagen
    YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCumzaR-HESaBhPPtBbB1gzw
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no sympathy. Watching the community utterly beg ZOS to bring back crippling lag because siege was hurting their fragile ego was honestly one of the most pathetic events I've ever seen.

Leave the lag. I feel if we fix the lag people are going to start just jumping out of windows next time.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lag when I play ESO.
    I don’t lag when I play games that are not ESO.

Leave the lag behind.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Yeah, I have no sympathy. Watching the community utterly beg ZOS to bring back crippling lag because siege was hurting their fragile ego was honestly one of the most pathetic events I've ever seen.

Leave the lag. I feel if we fix the lag people are going to start just jumping out of windows next time.

There was no lag when siege was broken because there was bugger all activity....

SMH. Dead set geniuses some of you are.
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    What if siege did 25% more damage for each enemy hit, like Proxy Det. Wouldn't that help to reduce lag by breaking up ball groups but also prevent NB's from ganking with siege instead of their bows in open fields?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lol we had it fixed but the zerglings decided to ping Gina and force a bug fix on siege instead of letting it play out till the chapter release/patch 2 weeks after lol.

yeap
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

There was no lag when siege was broken because there was bugger all activity....

SMH. Dead set geniuses some of you are.

There's a lot of us that noticed performance increases when siege was killing off the rest ofyou meat-lings lol. And it only got better once players started to spread out at keeps fights.

Unless you an oceanic meat-ling, than sympathy for potato-internet lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even egos. Most of the forums actually loves to Zerg and PVD, but won't admit it because their favorite streamers/YouTubers would say bad things and stop being their friend lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Zenimax take performace seriously. This game steadily looses endgame players because they have no reason to stick around for a game mode that doesnt work.

This is why the game population has grown immensley in the past 2 years but we see no increase in active pvp players (or endgame pve players). Once you paid for the game and your crowns, your experiance past that is no longer a concern for Zenimax.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People keep insisting that it was because no one was playing, but I beg to differ, the camps were pop-locked just as often as they were before. I played nonstop that week, more than I've played in a long, long time (more than I'd like to admit). I really miss the siege, I miss the lowered lag and the way it forced people to spread out. What I miss the most is that faction blobs had a harder time stacking on flags and force flipping keeps and outposts ):

The Frail Male Egos of ESO ruined it though Q_Q
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think I have seen you so cynical here until siege week. Kind of like it.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People keep insisting that it was because no one was playing, but I beg to differ, the camps were pop-locked just as often as they were before. I played nonstop that week, more than I've played in a long, long time (more than I'd like to admit). I really miss the siege, I miss the lowered lag and the way it forced people to spread out. What I miss the most is that faction blobs had a harder time stacking on flags and force flipping keeps and outposts ):

The Frail Male Egos of ESO ruined it though Q_Q

#Metoo
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Zenimax take performace seriously. This game steadily looses endgame players because they have no reason to stick around for a game mode that doesnt work.

This is why the game population has grown immensley in the past 2 years but we see no increase in active pvp players (or endgame pve players). Once you paid for the game and your crowns, your experiance past that is no longer a concern for Zenimax.

I would say 90-95% of this games population plays it like it’s skyrim and not a MMO
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    Siege week was probably the most enjoyable week which was almost fun as the beginning of this game. I ran solo, small group, and large group and loved every part of it. Less lag, evading intense siege fire, and so on.

Wish we get that back.
    Aknight
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I dont think I have seen you so cynical here until siege week. Kind of like it.

im guessing this is what if feels like to be hooked on crack; except substitute "crack" for "lagless fights cause of siege ripping into everyone trying to meat-stack front doors and getting salty because their one button presses were countered by other one button presses" lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The zergs benefited from it just the same. I play solo/smallscale and couln't hardly do anything with large groups setting up multiple siege for a small group of players and having an entire field of red circles to dodge while trying to fight off multiple enemies.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

The zergs benefited from it just the same. I play solo/smallscale and couln't hardly do anything with large groups setting up multiple siege for a small group of players and having an entire field of red circles to dodge while trying to fight off multiple enemies.
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

So you saying you stayed in a place where against overwhelming odds, your enemy had advantage?

Or you attacked a well defended position without support?

Don't get drafted kid, you are in for a big Awakening lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you saying you stayed in a place where against overwhelming odds, your enemy had advantage?

Enemies always have the advantage with numbers since I play no cp so they will probablly be all using proc sets and the siege dealing 15k a tick was quite stupid, I can't just run from every fight because they set up siege in multiple places, also since the larger numbers had the advantage of chasing due to snares/rapids.
    Or you attacked a well defended position without support?

Don't get drafted kid, you are in for a big Awakening lol.

Without support ? Like I said I play solo/smallscale since I find it most fun and like to stay away from the huge laggy fights as much as possible. But the point is siege should not have been dealing 15k a tick and ignoring all defensive stats as it was basically oblivion damage, and you defended it by saying it countered zergs but it countered everything it was used against, and zergs/larger groups just had more players to set siege up.