The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Request character load....... you have been disconnected for inactivity

shalalaA7X
shalalaA7X
✭✭✭
I have been in the game since the patch and had even been on 6 different characters. Now I am getting requesting character load until it tells me I have lost connection due to inactivity. Multiple reboots of game still no help. Internet is working fine. Checked Xbox live status and it is showing no issues.
Edited by shalalaA7X on March 13, 2019 1:00AM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's everyone I think. I'm on PS4 and we all just crashed in my group
  • onyx6977
    onyx6977
    ✭✭
    Same thing is happening XBOX One NA server
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    Same is happening for me on Xbox NA server
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There was an issue overnight related to logging into the NA console megaservers. The login issue should now be resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mazeikeen
    mazeikeen
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Yesterday around this time I created a discussion thread about a login issue I am having that seems to be completely separate from what everyone else was experiencing. That thread was closed because of the wider issue that was addressed on this thread, and I was directed here. The login issue in this thread has apparently been solved, but I still cannot log into the game. I have a support ticket open, but have not received a reply since my latest update.
    XBOX-NA / PC-NA
    Covenant at heart.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mazeikeen

If power-cycling and resetting the game hasn't allowed any of your characters to login, the next step to try is clearing the local save data. The steps for doing so are listed below.
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on
    Staff Post
  • mazeikeen
    mazeikeen
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE yes, I've tried both of those several times. I even reinstalled the game out of desperation. I am still unable to log in.
    XBOX-NA / PC-NA
    Covenant at heart.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mazeikeen

We've sent you a message regarding the support ticket on this login issue.
    Staff Post
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE you wrongly pushed us to this thread from the other one.

This thread is about the initial character load.

The other thread that you closed was about the loading screens we are getting when going from zone to zone.

Closing that other thread with a message that they are the same topic leads me to believe you never really bothered to read that other thread. If you had read my post at all, I’m sure you would not have mistaken initial load delay with zone travel delay.

My post in the other thread:
    This was last night’s ordeal.

Dungeon queue ready check not always sticking when using the quick response wheel, make sure to check notifications too.

Then 10 minute load screen for first person to get into the dungeon. Another 10 minutes until last person finally arrives.

5+ minute load screen to go from dungeon to deshan. 10+ minute load screen to go from deshan to grahtwood.

2 or more minute wait screen in between confirming price of one item for listing and the next.

3 minute wait for the 9 second logout to complete.

That has nothing to do with the initial character load.

Please be less hasty.
    Xbox NA
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    @Cryptical it was all probably related. Character not being able to be logged in was due to long load times that happened on log in just like your long load from
    Deshaan.

@ZOS_BillE thank you for the update!
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Doctor_Demento on March 19, 2019 6:12PM
  • zzzgibbs
    zzzgibbs
    @ZOS_BillE so is there a fix to this? I play at night time and I am getting the super long load screen every time I log in each day. Once I’m in it’s ok, but taking me like an hour to log in each night is driving me crazy.

Do you suggest then delete local save game data? What does that do exactly? It won’t deltte my toons and stuff obviously right? The game will just load that game data again or what
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @zzzgibbs

Deleting the local save data will help clear some of the previously cached data that can contribute to long loading times. It will not delete your characters as those are stored server side.
    Staff Post